DST Caves and pre-configured server options

Hello All!

I was just wondering if caves in DST are still missing some things from the single player RoG. For example, I've never once encountered those creepy looking cave spiders after exploring large amounts of underground areas.

Also how do you change world settings in the settings.ini file? Is there a thread with all the possible settings?Let's say if I want my starting world to be bigger, change the starting season, or have more or less resources or monsters, what lines would I type into the setting.ini file? I couldn't find any information about that stuff specifically from the preconfigured server thread.

Hey @BaloneyOs, welcome to the forums. The cave spiders in Don't Starve are also in DST caves, you just got to explore more. 

With regards to changing the world size, etc. what you are looking for is the worldgenoverride.lua that should be placed in both Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigOverworld and Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveTogether_EasyConfigCaves.

The cave's worldgenoverride.lua information should be taken from there (Worldgenoverride.lua with the new post-Caves settings) while the overworld's worldgenoverride.lua information should be taken from here (Customizing the World Map).

I hope I didn't misunderstand your post, report back if something doesn't work. Cheers.

Archived