Shipwrecked Character Functionality in Vanilla And Rog.

Currently the only character we have is Walani, a 'chill gal' with a surfboard. She's arguably useful in Shipwrecked, but what I want to discuss here is her and future Shipwrecked characters functionality in Vanilla/Rog. For all I know they might be unable to access the 'portal' or whatever it is that transfers you between worlds, but I digress.

While she does have some advantages aside from her surfboard, (increased rate of drying) she would be almost useless in vanilla.

So for Walani, I figured she could have a skateboard replace her surfboard in Vanilla, because a surfboard is pretty useless without any water (unless vanilla and Rog get an upgrade and have surfable water instead of the normal void, but I suspect that would be a coding nightmare).

And while she does have some advantages aside from her surfboard, (increased rate of drying) she would be almost useless in vanilla.

I like your skateboard idea. It would definitely make me want to use her in RoG because as of now I would only use her in SW.

As for the skateboard we would have to decide what it would take to craft it. Also I think that Walani should have to get off of the skateboard to gather things or fight so that it isn't too OP.

Once again I think it's a cool idea and I think every SW character should have traits that are beneficial in both worlds.

Having a character who can move at Walking Cane speeds early would be a great perk. I'm just not entirely sure that a skateboard would be the best option, though. Skateboarding wasn't invented until the 40s/50s, according to a quick Google search.

(Unless Shipwrecked is confirmed to contain characters from time periods past the 20s/30s/I forgot the exact time period?)

My idea was to fuse the RoG (vanilla too) and Shipwreck together. Still got all that meaty inland stuff only now the edges are the coasts. There would be the occasional beach tile biome with the palms and such so players can take on ALL the challenges at once.

Archived