[Client Crash] - Error During Initialization

Digimitsu

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: Error During Initialization

Issue Description: Whenever I start the game, before reaching any splash screen, I will get a window that says "Error during initialization", and the game would close.

Don't Starve used to work on my computer and I was able to play it before, but just suddenly one day I was having this problem and it would not launch.

Steps to Reproduce: Opening the game

• Developer

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Could you try verifying the game cache in steam? Perhaps an update did not get installed correctly

• Go to your Steam Library
  • Right click on "Don't Starve"
  • Select "Properties"
  • Select the "Local Files" tab
  • Click the "Verify Integrity Of Game Cache..." button.
  • When the process is complete, launch Don't Starve

Another option to try is to make sure your video card drivers are up to date.

Please let us know if this does or doesn't solve your issue.

Hey @Digimitsu, I could be entirely wrong but maybe you should try and rerun/repair your DirectX and Visual C++ Redistributables. They can be found under Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\. Run DXSETUP.exe inside the DXRedist folder and then run the vcredist_x86.exe inside the VCRedist folder. Try that and report back if it works or not. Cheers.

• Developer

One of the guys in the office suggested this:
"If you have a dedicated graphics card like an AMD Radeon or NVIDIA GeForce card installed, you will have to go into your AMD or NVIDIA Control Panel and force your dedicated GPU to launch and run Don't Starve instead of your integrated card."

Let me know if that helps or not.

Hello , I have a mistake and wanted to help me , I do not starve together , always worked well , but with the latest updates for the game to respond when I will always choose a character , can anyone help me ?

note: I am Brazilian , if the text is to a mistake , it's because I'm using google translator .

Archived