[Client Crash] - The game won't even launch

magepower94

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: The game won't even launch

Issue Description: Bump, basically the same problem. When trying to run manually from steam library I get the 0xc000007b error, and I tried all everything to fix this also there's no .mdmp file in any of Don't Starve folders. What I tried:

Verifying game cache blah blah

Reinstalling (several times)

Deleted all C++ Redistributables and their remains and Reinstalled them

Reinstalled the Directxs

Reinstalled Net Framework

Tried to tinker with Nvidia Control panel as suggested by some posts (Turns out i do not have an integrated card)

Rebooted PC with Safe Mode and ran sfc /scannow

None of it worked, the game still pops up and dissapears when launching from steam, and I get the same 0xc000007 error when trying to launch manually. Any suggestions appreciated.

Steps to Reproduce: I literally bought and installed the game, and it just did not lauch.

hello @magepower94, welcome to the forums. You forgot to mention what OS you are running. You might also want to try running the game as Administrator. Go into the game files and set the dontstarve_steam.exe file in this location (Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\bin) to Run this program as Administrator. You could also try and toggling the Compatibility Mode.

Report back if it works or not, cheers.

@magepower94, do you by any chance have a log.txt file under Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether? If yes, do attach it in your next reply. To attach files just click the More Reply Options at the bottom right of this page and you'd be able to attach files through the buttons under the new reply text box that appears.

I searched up and down there's no such destination as Klei/DoNotStarveTogether, I only got Do Not Starve Together in steam library and the log file is not there. I haven't logged in the game even once, or launched it so log file does not seem to appear anywhere. 

@Magepower93, just needed to make sure that the game hasn't yet created any logs. There are a bunch of .dll files related fixes concerning 0xc000007 error when starting games elsewhere on the internet. I won't link you to third-party sites as I can not confirm whether they can fix(or maybe even worsen) your situation. But I'll leave that decision to you, if you want to follow that through.

Unfortunately, the Klei team is on holiday break until Jan 4th (source). I sadly do not have any more tips/possible fixes to give you, so you just have to wait until then. I'm sorry for not being much help...

Bug Submission:

Category: Client Crash

Issue Title: The game won't even launch

Issue Description: Bump, basically the same problem. When trying to run manually from steam library I get the 0xc000007b error, and I tried all everything to fix this also there's no .mdmp file in any of Don't Starve folders. What I tried:

Verifying game cache blah blah

Reinstalling (several times)

Deleted all C++ Redistributables and their remains and Reinstalled them

Reinstalled the Directxs

Reinstalled Net Framework

Tried to tinker with Nvidia Control panel as suggested by some posts (Turns out i do not have an integrated card)

Rebooted PC with Safe Mode and ran sfc /scannow

None of it worked, the game still pops up and dissapears when launching from steam, and I get the same 0xc000007 error when trying to launch manually. Any suggestions appreciated.

Steps to Reproduce: I literally bought and installed the game, and it just did not lauch.

Apologies for the delay; the “0xc000007b” error is an application problem within the Windows operating system and is not with the game itself – commonly this issue happens when there are either files missing or have been corrupted.

Here are a couple of steps you can do to try and identify and address the issue:

1) Update your security programs or anti-virus programs and then run a scan for viruses – viruses or malware may have corrupted or deleted files in your computer and caused it.

2) Fully restart your computer, completely uninstall the game – then wipe away any remaining Don’t Starve Together local content and files before re-installing the game.

3) You could also try doing the CHKDSK command to see if there are any drive errors that may be causing the issue with your system and game.

4) Download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++ for your operating system as your computer may be running an older version.

5) Once you’ve re-installed the game, try running Don’t Starve Together as an Administrator. http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/windows7/how-do-i-run-an-application-once-with-a-full-administrator-access-token

If you continue to encounter the issue, your best bet would be to contact Microsoft Support for technical support with the 0xc000007b error code.

Archived