Beginner Questions

Hello.

I Like to buy Dont Starve together for PC but have any question before.

1. Can i repair my weapons?

2. When i Use a modded Character, Can i Use all weapons with this?

3.Can i play the Game with xbox one controller?

4. Would the Progress in the World on my own Server saved?

Thanks.

Hello.

I Like to buy Dont Starve together for PC but have any question before.

1. Can i repair my weapons?

2. When i Use a modded Character, Can i Use all weapons with this?

3.Can i play the Game with xbox one controller?

4. Would the Progress in the World on my own Server saved?

Thanks.

1. No, but you can just build more.

2. Yes.

3. Yes.

4. Yes.

1. Also i can the Same weapon build again?

_____

When i Use a modded weapon, Like the bow, Can i repair this?

Can i wear and show Items with modded Characters Like Headgear, tshirts, bags...

Gave it a console command to repair my weapons?

Thanks (:

I don't really mess with mods so I wouldn't know if you can repair modded weapons.  You can't repair normal DS weapons but you can always craft them again and again.  Some weapons require nonrenewable resources, so use those resources wisely.  Tentacle spikes are my favorite weapon to use, but technically if you aren't Wikerbottom with here tentacle spell, they aren't renewable (I believe), but usually worlds usually generate a lot of them.  You can repair most hats (mining light with lightbulbs, slurtle slime, or fireflies) and other clothing (not armor) with a sewing kit, but you probably already know that.

As for modded characters, I believe they only use a different skin and some sort of modification to make them different. They should be able to do any of the other DS characters can do (ie. carry weapons in your question), unless it says otherwise.   

To answer your last question, once you craft a weapon, you have that recipe and can craft it again again as long as you have those resources.  Just find the weapon you want to craft in the weapons tab and click build.  

What u mean with nonrenewable resources?

I must search this resources again?

When a weapon destructed can i became resources?

Can i repair all my Cloathing?

When i have Found The wool Winter Headgear, Can i repair this?

Can i Find reciepes for weapons in the World? Or can i build all at the beginning When i have the resources?

Thanks

Wow I guess you are really new then.  I believe all weapons except ones you find, require a crafting recipe using either a science machine, alchemy machine, a shadow manipulator, a prestihatitator, a piratihatitator  or an ancient pseudeoscience machine.  Weapons can not be repaired but only crafted again with that same recipe. The second time though, you don't need that specific machine to craft it again, unless you used the ancient pseudeoscience machine.  For example once you craft a spear using a science machine the first time, but the second time you can craft it anywhere on the map.  

An example of an nonrenewable resource would be thulecite found in caves.  You can't build thulecite from anything and they don't come down in earthquakes like rocks and flint do, or meteor showers on the surface.  So use thulecite wisely since you can't get it again after it's all used up.  Another example of a nonrenewable resource would be tentacle spots unless you are wikerbottom.  This resource isn't really a concern being nonrenewable since there are so many tentacles in the world both above and in cave below.  Plus I guess you can find green gems and tentacle spots in tumbleweeds if you are lucky, so technically I don't know if there is such a thing as a nonrenewable resource anymore because of tumbleweeds.  

You can repair clothing items like I said with a sewing kit found in the dress tab.  Note like I said, you can't repair armor items like a logsuit.  

You can find recipes in the world via tumbleweeds or set pieces in chests but don't just search every tumble weed until you find one, that would take forever.  Those chests most of the time trigger a trap as well, so be careful what you are doing. Use the machines I said above in this post.

As for this question: "When a weapon destructed can i became resources?"  Take a look at the wiki page for the deconstruction staff

Otherwise once the weapon is at 0% it is destroyed and you have to craft it again.

1. Also i can the Same weapon build again? _____ When i Use a modded weapon, Like the bow, Can i repair this? Can i wear and show Items with modded Characters Like Headgear, tshirts, bags... Gave it a console command to repair my weapons?

1. Yes

2. No

3. Yes

4. No, but you can use the console to spawn in weapons.

Thanks to all.

One läßt question at the Moment...

I can find Dress Items in de World or craft it?

When i Find and craft Dress Items can i Use this Items in the loadout screen for my Character on Other Servers.

Or for what is the loadout screen?

Thanks

Dress items have no effect on the character except how they look.  Every once an awhile you will get a gift notification on the top lefthand of your screen. You will need to get next to a science machine or an alchemy machine to unbox it.  This will then be tied to your steam account and can use it in whatever server you like. You can also steam trade it away to anyone.  Hope this helps. 

I'd just dive into the game and learn from your failures, as I always did. The game's meant to be dark and mysterious at first, not all answers on a plate.

I say this is the best advice someone could give you. Don't starve is fun because you learn through mistakes, and there's always something new to discover by playing. Don't ask yourself too many questions!

Archived