I think the mechanic is fine as is. It really isn't that much of problem in the late game. It can be a real issue in the early game, but that doesn't matter too much considering starting over after 20 or so days isn't as frustrating. Now, the amount of snakes that spawn is hilarious. I don't have any issue killing them, but there sure are a lot of them. If the spawn rate of them doesn't decrease, I'd like the drop rate of snake skins to drop a ton and the drop rate of the poison glads in increase just a little. I have no need for 120 plus snake skins, you know? I could just burn them, but I shouldn't really have to.

[...] I don't have access to coral and venom glands. [...]

I'm calling shenanigans on this, like I do every time someone tries to make this claim. If you can get poisoned, then you have access to Venom Glands because every source of poison drops it.

I'm going to go on record saying poison doesn't need nerfing, because Venom Glands drop from literally every source of poison.

As for coral, just take a look at how much of it I found entirely by accident on my save game that's only on day 12:

post-331005-0-84208800-1451425032_thumb.

As long as you don't hack vines or cut jungle trees during the night, yellow snakes are easy to avoid. The problem comes from yellow spiders when you're trying to get some silk, but as stated above, you can wear a seashell armor to remain safe.

The main problem is probably yellow mosquitos because their AI makes them hard to kill and they are legion during the wet season.

As for a new poison cure, I'm trying to make a custom one for my character, but it's a pain in the arse to do.

Spider warriors only spawn if you attack a spider when it's on the web or the den itself before it has been exhausted. To avoid them spawning, walk onto the web so that a group of spiders spawn and lead them off the web before attacking them. You can do this 3 times with a level 2 spider den (where spiders spawn in groups of 2) and with a level 3 den (where spiders spawn in groups of 3) before exhausting the den, at which point no more spiders will spawn even when attacking the den itself. 

The only way that you should ever encounter a spider warrior is if you get unlucky when destroying the den or if a hostile mob (like a hound or pig) attacks the spider den or a spider that's standing on the web.

Also, to those saying that they have no access to venom glands, you can get a whole load of them by digging poisonous holes in marsh biomes. Just wear a gas mask whilst doing it or dodge the gas when it's emitted. Each hole has a 50% chance to drop a venom gland when dug, which translates as a lot of glands if you clear out an entire marsh.

Archived