map bug in sw (start all revealed and buggy)

(sorry for my english) i search all the internet about this and didnt find anything. i started a game in shipwrecked, then when i open the map, this happened: 

https://gyazo.com/bd526bcd139fd2e9ff500c6d8fa9fb27

the whole map revealed and theres no terrain no island. then i went back to the mods and disable them. then i entered that save again and still have that bug. then i tried to start another save and still the same problem)

...i only tried in shipwrecked and my game is from steam. please help ! :(

Hello @NickWii002, have you tried verifying the game cache yet? also can you try and create another save game without mods. If a new save game works, then you should report the issue to the mod creator. To diagnose which mod is causing it, enable them one by one and create a new save game each time and check your map if the bug occurs again. 

For future Don't Starve Shipwrecked related issues/feedback, all of them should be posted in the Shipwrecked subforum as stated by the Shipwrecked Forum FAQ.

The devs are currently on their holiday break, they will be back on Jan 4th. So until then I hope this helps, goodluck. cheers.

Hello @NickWii002, have you tried verifying the game cache yet? also can you try and create another save game without mods. If a new save game works, then you should report the issue to the mod creator. To diagnose which mod is causing it, enable them one by one and create a new save game each time and check your map if the bug occurs again. 

For future Don't Starve Shipwrecked related issues/feedback, all of them should be posted in the Shipwrecked subforum as stated by the Shipwrecked Forum FAQ.

The devs are currently on their holiday break, they will be back on Jan 4th. So until then I hope this helps, goodluck. cheers.

thanks for replying :) ... i created another save game without the mods and didnt work :(  and i don't know wheres the game cache is. i tried to search and didn't find so if anyone could help..  thankss alot :D

Oh sorry @NickWii002, I forgot to give you a link to that. Here's how to verify the integrity of the game cache. (source)

nothing worked, i even uninstaled the game and still the same problem i don't know what to do since i searched all internet and found nothing and i did another topic about this problem in the shipwrecked forum and no one answer, i think i just throw my money in the trash with this game because this bug simply destroy the gameplay for me. sorry if im being rude but this bug is so annoyng

@NickWii002, that's a one-off bug, most likely. The devs will be back from their Holiday break by Jan 4. They will be able to help you. In your thread post here, you mentioned that you tried out the game through torrent and then got the game through steam but the game is bugging out like in the image.

Then I would surmise that the issue arises from having an different source of the game run on your computer first then having the game start up from steam. What I would suggest, is the following:

• Fully uninstall your torrent-game, there should be no traces of it.
  • Delete the whole DoNotStarve folder in Documents/Klei/
  • Uninstall the game from steam.
  • Restart PC.
  • Install the game from steam.
  • Verify Game Cache.
  • Do not download any mods yet, and try the game.

Report back if its still the same. The most important part here is to remove the torrented-game so it doesn't conflict with the legitimate version.

@NickWii002, that's a one-off bug, most likely. The devs will be back from their Holiday break by Jan 4. They will be able to help you. In your thread post here, you mentioned that you tried out the game through torrent and then got the game through steam but the game is bugging out like in the image.

Then I would surmise that the issue arises from having an different source of the game run on your computer first then having the game start up from steam. What I would suggest, is the following:

• Fully uninstall your torrent-game, there should be no traces of it.
  • Delete the whole DoNotStarve folder in Documents/Klei/
  • Uninstall the game from steam.
  • Restart PC.
  • Install the game from steam.
  • Verify Game Cache.
  • Do not download any mods yet, and try the game.

Report back if its still the same. The most important part here is to remove the torrented-game so it doesn't conflict with the legitimate version.

it worked you are the best.. and sorry so much for being rude, thank you so much for helping me i thought my game was lost..... but now im afraid of puting mods in the game..

No problem @NickWii002, happy to help. Since you're already playing on a legitimate copy, playing with mods shouldn't be an issue anymore. Unless the mods themselves are buggy, in which case you just have to report the new issue directly to the respective mod creators.

What I'd suggest is that you toggle 5 mods at a time in Mods menu and then start a world. If crashes/bugs happen within the first few minutes, return to the mods menu and turn the 5 mods off. Then turn those 5 on one by one until the crash/bug happens again. Take note of the mod that causes the crash and take the log.txt found under Documents/DoNotStarve and send that to the mod creator. If no crashes/bugs happen when you add the 5 mods then repeat the whole process.

But if you happen to prefer to play the game without Mods at all and happen upon a new crash/bug then feel free to report it in the Shipwrecked Forums. Goodluck and have fun, cheers.

No problem @NickWii002, happy to help. Since you're already playing on a legitimate copy, playing with mods shouldn't be an issue anymore. Unless the mods themselves are buggy, in which case you just have to report the new issue directly to the respective mod creators.

What I'd suggest is that you toggle 5 mods at a time in Mods menu and then start a world. If crashes/bugs happen within the first few minutes, return to the mods menu and turn the 5 mods off. Then turn those 5 on one by one until the crash/bug happens again. Take note of the mod that causes the crash and take the log.txt found under Documents/DoNotStarve and send that to the mod creator. If no crashes/bugs happen when you add the 5 mods then repeat the whole process.

But if you happen to prefer to play the game without Mods at all and happen upon a new crash/bug then feel free to report it in the Shipwrecked Forums. Goodluck and have fun, cheers.

Ok, i did what you said, i installed this 5 mods:

- DS Too Many Item 

- SWSmartCrockPot

- Combined Status

- Extra Equip

- Lifebuoy

The map bug from the screenshot happened again but with 3 of these mods on, they are: DS Too Many Item, Combined Status and Lifebuoy. i turn the 5 mods on one by one and these 3 mods seems to be the problem... i tried all of them in the shipwrecked version, wich i like to play more.. '-'  well thank you so much again you helped me a lot. :grin:   (this mods are all from steam)

@NickWii002, I just tried a run with those three mods but the bug doesn't happen for me. Are you no longer able to create a bugless map again? If yes, I think you just have to delete the save folder inside Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve. Then try and create a new world again without mods and check if everything is ok. If things are ok again, go to your mods menu and toggle DS Too Many Item on then go into your world. If the map bugs out, then the problem lies with that mod for your system. That's the only mod that could possibly be the cause. Try and toggle that mod on and off first and report back.

On 04/01/2016 at 2:39 AM, Zillvr said:

@NickWii002, I just tried a run with those three mods but the bug doesn't happen for me. Are you no longer able to create a bugless map again? If yes, I think you just have to delete the save folder inside Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve. Then try and create a new world again without mods and check if everything is ok. If things are ok again, go to your mods menu and toggle DS Too Many Item on then go into your world. If the map bugs out, then the problem lies with that mod for your system. That's the only mod that could possibly be the cause. Try and toggle that mod on and off first and report back.

didn't worked, nothing worked. i cant create a bugless map again the problem is back i did what you said deleted the save folder and start a new world without mods.. didnt worked i don't know what to do anymore im really frustrated

Attach the log.txt found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve after doing the following:

• Start Steam
  • Open Game
  • Create New World
  • Check Map if problem still exists
  • Save and exit
  • Quit Game
  • Now go take the log.txt file to attach to your next reply.

3 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Attach the log.txt found under Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve after doing the following:

• Start Steam
  • Open Game
  • Create New World
  • Check Map if problem still exists
  • Save and exit
  • Quit Game
  • Now go take the log.txt file to attach to your next reply.

still the same... and my pc is completely crap its really old but this bug only happened on steam version so i dont think its my pc.. 
here is the log.txt

log.txt

Just now, NickWii002 said:

... this bug only happened on steam version..

What do you mean? Steam Version should actually be the only version you're using, if you are still using the game that came from another source then that's the problem right there. Did you run that illegitimate copy again? I'm currently still comparing our log.txt files to see where the issue starts.

1 hour ago, Zillvr said:

What do you mean? Steam Version should actually be the only version you're using, if you are still using the game that came from another source then that's the problem right there. Did you run that illegitimate copy again? I'm currently still comparing our log.txt files to see where the issue starts.

noo .. im only using steam version since i bought it. i deleted all the torrented game files i could find a long time ago but the problem still the same.. and.. thanks for helping me until now :)

Ok, did you only turn the mods off? Have you tried unsubscribing to the mods directly and then restart a new world? Or manually deleting the mod files under Steam\SteamApps\common\dont_starve\mods that are in folders named workshop-######### then starting over?

Also can you check under the Don't Starve Properties (right click the game on your steam games list and click Properties) go into the LOCAL FILES tab and check whether your current content buildID is 932479. That's the buildID on my side and the bug doesn't happen for me.

Also since you've just mentioned that you're on an older system, mind attaching the dxdiag information of your setup:

DXDiag

In order to get a DXDiag on WindowsXP or more recent operating systems:

• Click on your Start button
  • Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
  • On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
  • Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
  • A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
  • Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your post. 

It definitely looks like its because of your system, since you're the only one I've ever encountered so far that has experienced this kind of bug. If it was the game, a lot more people would have the same issue. Anyways, attach the dxdiag result in your next reply.

21 hours ago, Zillvr said:

Also since you've just mentioned that you're on an older system, mind attaching the dxdiag information of your setup:

DXDiag

In order to get a DXDiag on WindowsXP or more recent operating systems:

• Click on your Start button
  • Press the Windows key + R on your keyboard to access the "Run" window
  • On the new window, type in dxdiag.exe and press enter; this will open up the DirectX diagnostic tool
  • Click on the "Save All Information" tab on the diagnostic tool
  • A "Save As..." window will pop up where you can click on save. It will save your hardware information as a document to your desktop (default).
  • Close the diagnostic tool and attach the new document to your post. 

It definitely looks like its because of your system, since you're the only one I've ever encountered so far that has experienced this kind of bug. If it was the game, a lot more people would have the same issue. Anyways, attach the dxdiag result in your next reply.

ok, i unsubscribed all the dont starve mods i had on steam and manually deleted the mod files like you said, then i verified the integrity of the game cache before starting the game, then i started the game and the only mod that was there was the screecher (something like that) then i started a new world and it WORKED there was no bug. so i guess its something with my pc and the mods.. heres my dxdiag:

DxDiag.txt

Hello @LordJames777, welcome to the forums. Did you try to verify the integrity of the game cache that I mentioned in this thread?

I believe the next best thing you can do is to delete the save folders in your Klei folder which is located in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve\ or delete the whole DoNotStarve folder there since there may be any lingering issues caused by mods or something. 

Try that then report back if it works or not. Cheers.

This has been happening to me aswell, sometimes it happens and sometimes it doesn't when creating a new world. I never installed any mods. It's late and I'm on my phone right now but I can post my log and DxDiag tommorow if you want me to.

@Michi01 sorry for the late reply, was actually waiting for that DxDiag of yours.

How did you fix it? By continuously generating a new world until it stopped? Or did you follow a certain method? DxDiag may help determining the cause as it seems that would be the only possible thing that may line up with other people's PC setup who has/is experiencing it.

3 minutes ago, Zillvr said:

@Michi01 sorry for the late reply, was actually waiting for that DxDiag of yours.

How did you fix it? By continuously generating a new world until it stopped? Or did you follow a certain method? DxDiag may help determining the cause as it seems that would be the only possible thing that may line up with other people's PC setup who has/is experiencing it.

I didn't fix it. I still have to try generating a world a bunch of times until I get one where the map is working properly everytime I wanna start a new shipwrecked world. I'll post my log and DxDiag tommorow.

Archived