whats needed to ride or tame a beefalo?

I want to know how can I mount the majestic creatures for more than 2 seconds, If I give them grass they let me ride them for almost 3 seconds, they receive carrots but the result is the same, and the whip just make them angry

I want to know how can I mount the majestic creatures for more than 2 seconds, If I give them grass they let me ride them for almost 3 seconds, they receive carrots but the result is the same, and the whip just make them angry

Just give em like 10 grass or 10 carrots before you try to mount em and it will last longer !

Just give em like 10 grass or 10 carrots before you try to mount em and it will last longer !

then I will mount it for 30 seconds approx, but still expensive and annoying, I want to travel long distances, at least I want be able to feed the beefalo while I'm riding, I'm quite vulnerable when it throws me

and the whip just make them angry

Presumably klei took out the "discipline" option because of the potential statement on animal abuse.  The whip doesn't have any functionality involving beefalo anymore, instead it acts as a way to make mobs drop their current target.  Pacifying an area.

I checked the script for the whip and didn't see anything that involves obedience for beefalo (which is what determines their available ride time). 

@Rily, Domestication is apparently in the works to make the beefalo more permanent mounts.  It's in the script but there's no way to trigger it without using debug.  Try doing this into the console

c_find("beefalo").components.domesticatable:BecomeDomesticated()

If you want to check out the different tendencies do this

c_find("beefalo").tendency = "ORNERY"

This makes the beefalo a better fighter.

c_find("beefalo").tendency = "PUDGY"

This makes the beefalo fat and regenerates your sanity.

c_find("beefalo").tendency = "RIDER"

This makes the beefalo faster and lets you ride it longer.

Then save and reload your server.

They should get a visual change depending on which one you do.

3W7UHvZ.jpg

@Rily, Domestication is apparently in the works to make the beefalo more permanent mounts.  It's in the script but there's no way to trigger it without using debug.  Try doing this into the console

c_find("beefalo").components.domesticatable:BecomeDomesticated()

Thanks, sounds good for me, just like a real pet, now I want a mod that shows me the domestication level in the future, and Who knows? a way to domesticate koalefants, ewecus, varg, even volt goats... well, maybe I just want a ride in a goat

Archived