Editing the modoverrides.lua?

Can someone explain this to me in dummy language? I have literally spent HOURS/DAYS trying to figure this out. I know nothing about coding and while I have read the tutorials it is just way over my ability to comprehend. I have posted on reddi and the steam forums with no replies in either, so now I'm here.

This is my attempt at editing an archery mod (attached file). In this format, the lua refuses to load. What is the proper way to edit the coding? The simplest explanation or even an example would help wonders.

• Developer

Hey @DBRabbit, welcome to the forums.

It looks like you've tried to include information from the modinfox files in that mod you're trying to configure, but modoverrides.lua doesn't require all that data. It simply needs the option name assigned to a value inside the configuration_options table.

Here's an example of how it should look.

return {	["workshop-356006343"] = { enabled = true }, --Nature's Still Wild	["workshop-373991022"] = { enabled = true }, --Global Player Icons	["workshop-375850593"] = { enabled = true }, --Extra Equip Slots	["workshop-488009136"] = { enabled = true,		configuration_options =		{			BowUses = 100,			BowDmg = 24,			BowRange = 18,			BowMissChanceSmall = 0.25,			BowMissChanceBig = 0.7,			HitChanceBugs = false,			HitChanceTakeOff = false,			--etc...		},		}, --Archery DST	["workshop-463718554"] = { enabled = true }, --Fix Multiplayer	}

Good luck and for more information see here.

http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Don%E2%80%99t_Starve_Together_Dedicated_Servers#Mods

Thank you so much for the reply!

I've edited the file as suggested, but am having a problem. I am getting FMOD errors and failure to load the lua. I have tried various tweaks based on your suggested as well as the explanation from the wiki but have not been able to get the servers to load the mods (and sometimes they just crash immediately).

I have made sure to copy the lua to all required folders after each change as well. Am I missing something?

Also, just a note, I am trying this with the "pre-configured servers" option due to running caves. To add to this, the servers run fine without the modoverrides.lua I am just stuck with default options. I am not sure if there is a significant change in the coding due to this so I thought I would mention it.

The attached files are the variations I figure are at least on the right track but do not currently work.

modoverrides.lua

modoverrides - Copy.lua

Thank you so much for the reply!

I've edited the file as suggested, but am having a problem. I am getting FMOD errors and failure to load the lua. I have tried various tweaks based on your suggested as well as the explanation from the wiki but have not been able to get the servers to load the mods (and sometimes they just crash immediately).

I have made sure to copy the lua to all required folders after each change as well. Am I missing something?

Also, just a note, I am trying this with the "pre-configured servers" option due to running caves. To add to this, the servers run fine without the modoverrides.lua I am just stuck with default options. I am not sure if there is a significant change in the coding due to this so I thought I would mention it.

The attached files are the variations I figure are at least on the right track but do not currently work.

I think I found the issue with not having the = sign at the top. I will update if that fixes it.