no reset after everyone died

is it possible to turn off the reset attempts after everyone dies?

we had it that everyone went afk and now the server reset and we're unable to retrieve an older state of the world.

Set the gamemode to either Endless or Wilderness.

Wilderness means every time you die, you can respawn as a different character and you respawn at a random part of the map.

Endless means when you die you still become a ghost, but can revive for free by haunting the spawn portal, and the world doesn't reset when everyone is dead.

I personnally changed the gamemode of my server from survival to wilderness because of some trolls reseting the world every night! Now less people join, and even less people stay, but my world is ok. Tho i like the concept of starting from scrap when you die, lots of players just dont have the guts. And Endless is just... Endless.

So an option to make the server survival, so ppl still need help to revive (touchstone, heart, amulet, effigy), but when none of this is available, the admins gotta reset, and the others wait for someone to connect and revive them. Or, possibility to change wilderness so you can atleast craft meat effigy, because the only safety net you have is the life amulet, and you have to wear it when you die... But it takes the chest slot, generally a useful one in fights :) and it revives you just where you died, instantly, so useful if you die from hunger, but everything else will just finish the job...

Hope this will be thought about!

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:50 PM, Wanfanel said:

I will like survival with no reset, or Endless with no portal re-spawn ^_^;; and server reset after 24 hours with no player alive

I too would like survival mode with no server reset. Or some other mode with no free respawns.

Basically, a server where only the admin could reset it.

I have a dedicated server I play with friends, and just because I log off for 10 minutes and the only player left happens to be dead doesn't mean that the world should reset.

On ‎1‎/‎2‎/‎2016 at 5:50 PM, Wanfanel said:

I will like survival with no reset, or Endless with no portal re-spawn ^_^;; and server reset after 24 hours with no player alive

Figured it out!

Start an endless game. And you can remove the portal from the game using this command: c_find('multiplayer_portal'):Hide()

(I'm not sure if the portal comes back after a reboot.)

Archived