Sequential Modloader

Sequential ModLoader v:1.0.0

This is a very small library which allows mods to tell which other mods it wants loaded before it.

This is no longer a mod. It is instead meant to be used as a library you can add to your mod if you need the functionality.

To modders who used this mod when it was first released:

I ask any modders who has mods requiring Sequential ModLoader to update their mod with this library, so Sequential Modloader is no longer required by users.

How to add library to your mod:

Add the following .lua to your mod's scripts folder:

lib_sequentialModLoader.lua

Add the following line to your mod's modinit.lua's init function:

include( scriptPath .. "/lib_sequentialModLoader" )( modApi )

How to use:

Add the following line to your modinit.lua's init function, and add any mod you want loaded before yours to the list by their name. That's the name of the mod in modinfo.txt.

modApi.requirements = { "Contingency Plan", "someothermod", "etc" }

Good job. Can you upload it to the steam workshop?

Edit: Actually, if it's okay with you I could make this part of my Sim Constructor mod, since both are tools made to help other mods. That would would make it easier for others to use since you'd only need to download one helper mod rather than downloading several mods separately.

Of course You will be given credit.

I need to figure out how to upload to the wokshop anyways, so I will upload it soon.

Edit: However, your mod could always have it integrated as well of course. As long as we agree with the variable name for requirements, so other mods have one standard to adhere to.

I need to figure out how to upload to the wokshop anyways, so I will upload it soon.

This post might help:http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/53854-how-to-make-a-language-pack/

You need to download a separate mod uploader to do it, but it shouldn't be a problem since you're on Steam

However, your mod could always have it integrated as well of course. As long as we agree with the variable name for requirements, so other mods have one standard to adhere to.

I take that as a yes

Updated Sequential ModLoader.

It is now used as a library instead of a mod required by users.

If you are a modder who used the functionality of Sequential ModLoader in any of your mods, please update it with this library to ease the installation process for users of your mods.

Archived