Whirlpools Anyone?

I would love to see these as an added danger for the deep ocean. I was almost shocked to find that they didn't already exist, but I have faith in you, Klei.

I'd imagine they work by slowly sucking you in and perhaps you could fight the current, but if something is chasing you, you could end up in a real pickle..  :wilson_evil:

They could be very large or small, too. If they're large, part of the terror could be realizing that you stumbled into the edge of one and now you're being slowly sucked in, and the closer to the center you are, the more powerful the current gets. 

The effect of falling into one could be a number of things. Maybe it would damage your boat and send you spinning out of it, or maybe it would suck in your whole boat and act as a one way wormhole to some random place in the world, doing damage, soaking you, and draining a chunk of sanity.

Or, you know, it could just sink your boat and drown you. There's that too.  :wilson_evil:

Me being me, I, of course, lean toward the cruelest and most terror-inducing options~.

How about not just having the normal Whirlpools you also got some that have a bosslike encounter into them.

Like you sail the sea suddenly a Whirlpool appears right infront of you and a big octopus emerges trying to devour you complete with boat.

Kinda like these guys from Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

How about not just having the normal Whirlpools you also got some that have a bosslike encounter into them.

Like you sail the sea suddenly a Whirlpool appears right infront of you and a big octopus emerges trying to devour you complete with boat.

Kinda like these guys from Legend of Zelda Wind Waker

That's actually exactly what I was hoping for, but I didn't want to ask TOO much of the devs as far as that goes. I'm sure they want their creative freedom to make the game the way they want it to be too  :wilson_nerdy:

But yeah! I love the idea and was thinking the exact same thing. More challenging boss monsters like this would be aaaaaaaaaaaawesome

It could even be a homage to windwaker, honestly, because I can't be the only one who is heavily reminded of windwaker when I see wilson sailing in a small little 1 person boat with a cloth sail.

Archived