Palm Treeguards.

Had an excellent run where everything was going alright, that was up until a treeguard trio decided to spawn in my palm tree plantation, I tried to calm them down by planting coconuts, but it was to no avail... So I died killed by coconuts as I was planting coconuts, oh the humanity...

Don't feel like playing again, not immediately at least, because this death felt so cheap and things were going so well... :wilson_worried:

So yeah... Could we please make them calm down with coconut planting like regular treeguards?

Read in the Wiki afterwards that they are appeased by planting jungle trees, how does that makes sense? They are not even the same species! :wilson_incredulous:

Had an excellent run where everything was going alright, that was up until a treeguard trio decided to spawn in my palm tree plantation, I tried to calm them down by planting coconuts, but it was to no avail... So I died killed by coconuts as I was planting coconuts, oh the humanity...

Don't feel like playing again, not immediately at least, because this death felt so cheap and things were going so well... :wilson_worried:

So yeah... Could we please make them calm down with coconut planting like regular treeguards?

Read in the Wiki afterwards that they are appeased by planting jungle trees, how does that makes sense? They are not even the same species! :wilson_incredulous:

You have to plant jungle tree seeds, coconuts don´t work at the moment, its a bug.

They are also quite easy to kill. Stand barely at range, and once they start the animation for the ranged attack, move in and melee them. You can get in like 10 attacks before they try to melee you.

But on the topic of bugs, the melee attack has wayyyyyyyy more range than the animation suggests. You literally can't avoid it by backing up.

@Curo, Their melee attack has as much range as their ranged attack, but they "switch forms" to ranged if you are outside of 5 range when they start their attack. So yup, you cannot avoid a melee attack once it's started. I'm not sure if this was intended or not? In the files it has lines that set their range separately for each mode, but those lines are commented out, so it's not like they just forgot about actually changing the range, but it's possible they turned it off to test something, and forgot to turn it back on?

Campfires are maybe the best way to handle these bastards. Lead them into it (make sure to fuel it up first), and they'll catch on fire. When they're on fire, they won't retaliate either and just repeat their panic animation ad-infinitum until they die or the fire goes out.

Archived