Encumberance calculation

I was just wondering all the times when encumbrance procs because sometimes it can proc twice in a turn like if you start a turn with a heavy item and then put it down and pick it up again you lose the 2 AP again. Similarly I wonder if they can make it so that you only lose AP once per turn and to calculate it at the end of any inventory management scenario-I.E. if I open a transfer item window or go into a nanofab, I shouldn't lose AP unless I'm encumbered at the END of that interaction. I don't feel like we should lose AP in order to switch items around. If this is intentional that's all good but the heavy weapons thing definitely seems like a bug.

It could definitely be improved upon. Klei might not get around to it but it might be possible to mod in improvements. In the meantime you just have to be aware of it and 'game' the system when transferring items around, usually by dropping stuff first.

I've noticed they already fixed one of these scenarios. If you're swapping inventory around, it won't recalculate encumbrance until you exit the inventory. So if you're carrying one item over your load and have -1 AP, then you swap one item with another character, it should no longer apply a second -1 AP.

I'm not sure about the sniper rifle that gives -2 AP though. If you drop it and then pick it back up in a separate inventory swap action it may apply a second -2 AP still. I haven't tested this.

Archived