[General] - Objectives aren't on the map

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Objectives aren't on the map

Issue Description: Hi there,

I bought the DLC yesterday and started a new campaign on normal difficulty. But for at least two times, the object that was needed for the mission objective could not be found. First time I was doing a mission for augments, but there was no cybernetics lab on the map. I searched every corner of every room, it just wasn't there. The other time I was doing a nanofab mission, but there was no nanofab fabricator.

In both cases, I noticed that the maps were smaller than usual. Is it possible that there's something wrong with the map generation and that some rooms can not be reached from the starting room? I didn't have this problem when I played the vanilla versions a few months ago.

By the way, I really love the game, it's my indie GOTY!!!!

Best regards,

Erik

Steps to Reproduce: Started a new campaign yesterday, game is up-to-date

Hey there Erik. I'm not sure if you attached anything to your post, if not I ask that you take a screenshot in either tactical (alt) or mainframe mode and also attach a save file. There's been quite a few of these reports since Invisible Inc's release and 9 times out of 10 it's just because they've missed a door or a bit of unexplored black that reveals a door. On the off-chance it's a genuine bug, the Devs will want a save file to look at.

• Developer

Hey Ge0Force, thanks for the kind words!  The team is very thankful of all the support of our players as well.  

As for the bug, Nxf7 is correct. A savegame file would be extremely helpful to track down the problem. You can post the file here on the forum. ( next to the POST button is the MORE REPLY OPTIONS. That's where you can find the attach function)

You can find the save file at:
Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc\saves\savegame.lua

Hey Ge0Force, thanks for the kind words!  The team is very thankful of all the support of our players as well.  

As for the bug, Nxf7 is correct. A savegame file would be extremely helpful to track down the problem. You can post the file here on the forum. ( next to the POST button is the MORE REPLY OPTIONS. That's where you can find the attach function)

You can find the save file at:

Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc\saves\savegame.lua

I didn't attach the savefile because I continued playing and I'm already in the final mission. I'm not sure if the layout for the previous missions is saved in the savefile? If so, I will send it as soon as I get home tonight.

• Developer

Once your out, we don't have the level data anymore. If it happens again, a screen shot or savefile would be awesome.

If it's a bug, I hope it happens again so we can fix it, if not, then I hope you never have the problem again ;)

Archived