[BUG] Spyglass Issue

So I just had the luckiest run. Day 3 as Wendy and I stumble across a little island that has no enemies, two dead bodies (one with some regular goodies and one with a life jacket and spyglass) and a slot machine that spat out nothing but great supplies.

I'd also found a message in a bottle and the circle thing (?? I forget what it's called). So I was very excited to find the spyglass for the first time as I'd heard great things about it and couldn't wait to test it!!

I used it about three times to look out over the edge of my little island, saw nothing interesting, but was suuuper excited by the possibilities of it. I then had to leave so I saved and excited, and closed the game. 

When I reopened it, the spyglass wouldn't show the option to let me use it. If I tried to use the spacebar and auto use it, Wendy vibrates and says something along the lines of 'cannot use item'.

If I try to move the spyglass to a different slot in my inventory or I equip something else then it disappears from my game completely. I've closed and re-opened it multiple times to test out different things, but no matter what I try it has become unusable and it disappears. 

I'm so sad because of this and it honestly makes me want to quit my world and start again in hopes of finding another non-bugged spyglass because of how great of an item it is.

(some things that might factor into the situation: Abigail was awake and floating around. Health and hunger were full, but my sanity was about half.)

I've come across a similar thing, note that the spyglass only has 5 uses, and random findings usually have lower durability, so after those 3 uses it was probably already destroyed. However I've also picked up a spyglass and it was on 0% when I picked it up and I could use it an infinite number of times but when saved and came back later, the spyglass was gone.

So I think your spyglass was bugged to begin with, and after exiting and coming back it corrected itself. I was also wendy when I came across this bug, but I think picking it up from a skeleton is what bugs the item.

I've come across a similar thing, note that the spyglass only has 5 uses, and random findings usually have lower durability, so after those 3 uses it was probably already destroyed. However I've also picked up a spyglass and it was on 0% when I picked it up and I could use it an infinite number of times but when saved and came back later, the spyglass was gone.

So I think your spyglass was bugged to begin with, and after exiting and coming back it corrected itself. I was also wendy when I came across this bug, but I think picking it up from a skeleton is what bugs the item.

Yep! Mine was on 0% when I picked it up too, so it seems like it's a common bug. I wish I took more advantage of it while I could and looked at the whole map hahaha!

Hi all, i'm not sure if I should write this here, but here goes nothing. I don't have problem with made spyglass, not found one, but I found a 'super spyglass" - longer, differen look, but I can't use it. I didn't read anything about it anywhere. Any Ideas? 

On the pic is on the boat row, next to the torch..

post-412110-0-54678300-1449644059_thumb.

Yep! Mine was on 0% when I picked it up too, so it seems like it's a common bug. I wish I took more advantage of it while I could and looked at the whole map hahaha!

It happened to me, too. I picked up one which was at 0%, which then had an infinite number of uses, but then the ones I create sometimes don't work. I'm desperately trying to find another spyglass!

(Also, heya, Kotori-chan! <3)

Hi all, i'm not sure if I should write this here, but here goes nothing. I don't have problem with made spyglass, not found one, but I found a 'super spyglass" - longer, differen look, but I can't use it. I didn't read anything about it anywhere. Any Ideas?  On the pic is on the boat row, next to the torch..

Did you try to use it on land directly ? Because I think it's due to the cargo boat : I was unable to use any spyglass on the cargo boat specifically. I don't know if it's a bug, or intended. 

Edit : I just read on the wiki that "it cannot be used while sailing on a Boat, and the player must be on land." 

Source : http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Spyglass

It's weird, because I remember using a spyglass on a raft and it worked. I will try to use it on sail boat and armoured boat, and keep you updated.

Did you try to use it on land directly ? Because I think it's due to the cargo boat : I was unable to use any spyglass on the cargo boat specifically. I don't know if it's a bug, or intended. 

Edit : I just read on the wiki that "it cannot be used while sailing on a Boat, and the player must be on land." 

Source : http://dont-starve-game.wikia.com/wiki/Spyglass

It's weird, because I remember using a spyglass on a raft and it worked. I will try to use it on sail boat and armoured boat, and keep you updated.

Yup, I did, but the "peer" didn't appear at all.. I'll update if any news.. Keep in touch :)

Archived