Shipwrecked art stream feedback + ideas

Hey guys,

I just watched your art stream and I really like some of your ideas, so I'll give you feedback regarding that, plus some additional ideas that I've had before.

1. For me the most surprising idea: the turtle that can carry around structures. I love this concept and I think that turtles could also have different uses -as some kind of boat if you ride on it's back, or as a swimming chest that you can tie up to your boat...

2. The snorkel: This could add another method to gather ressources in water, mossels for example. A safety rope could be added to allow snorkeling in a radius around your boat, as free swimming is not possible right now and probably not wanted as well :)

3. The Kraken is obviously a cool and fitting monster for this. I like the idea of tentacles moving around separately, maybe even being invulnerable so you need to dodge them until the Kraken reveals its weak spot. So what could his attacks be like?

-a simple attack, kind of like the tentacles in regular Don't Starve - the tentacle appears next to you and tries to slap you

-a charged strike onto the water surface - the tentacle appears in the distances, then charges towards the player and slams back into the ocean, creating big waves that move to the sides and dealing high damage if it hits directly

- an attack from below - you see a growing shadow in the water, where a tentacle will poke straight up and throw your boat into the air if it hits, dealing massive damage to the boat

- a ranged attack - a tentacle comes up carrying an item, then throws it towards you. Maybe these items can be picked up for a short period of time before they sink down again? ( Inspired by your stream and this statue you showed :) )

- A water vortex - the Krakens mouth ( I imagine it having multiple rows of shark-like teeth ) appears and sucks in water creating a vortex that pulls you towards him, probably killing you if you get to the center. If you don't interrupt this attack, the Kraken could spit out the water again, dealing some damage in an area surrounding it and making you completely wet. Doing this however also reveals his weak spot - the mouth. You can thow in a Coconade to stop the vortex immediately, doing this a few times could kill the Kraken.

These were my ideas about the combat, so let's get to the loot and uses for it:

- Cupping vessels would make for really cool grappling hooks ( cuppling rope, maybe?) that can bind you to creatures, allowing you to hook up to a dogfish for example that can quickly pull you if it swims away.

Another use for this thing could be an ability to catch items from far away.

- A giant eye taken from a Kraken would make perfect sense as an improved spyglass, right? ;)

- Something ( I have no idea what ) could give the option to summon smaller tentacles to your aid

Other features I would like to see (may in variations be found in already existing posts):

- caves: Be it a small cave hideout that can be found by following treasure maps and digging at the marked spots, a cave system like in regular Don't Starve or maybe even an underwater cave, I would love to see something like this in shipwrecked.

-more varied boats: While paddling through the deep sea catching the waves, I got the idea of a surfboard with low durability that only moves slowly in shallow water but picks up great movement boosts through waves, which allows really fast movement combined with a higher risk of drowning if used wrong.

Another idea would be a houseboat that allows cooking and sleeping out in the ocean. This could also be done as a big raft with some equipment slots for a special tent, campfire or maybe chests.

- taming animals, especially monkeys: I think it would be amazing to have an army of monkeys that helps with all the gathering and fighting. Things like a banana staff or crown might be able to befriend many monkeys at once for a short time, directly feeding bananas could make one monkey your trusty helper :)

These were my ideas - feel free to criticize or add things in the comments.

I might update my list with more ideas in the future, but for now I'm out to explore what the game has to offer already :)

Archived