Shipwrekted Feedback

Overall the game feels very unique and original. There are a few things that I find very inconsistent between the normal game and this DLC, however, I like the inconsistency for the most part.

Remember these are simply my opinions.

• Flint is quite rare on some islands and I've even started 1-2 games with 0 flint on the starting island.
  • Monkey's are interesting, however, I believe that they need to be tuned a bit. Reduce the amount of time they will follow you, I had an entire island of monkeys following me, sailed away for 2 in game days, came back to the same island to get gold and the monkeys were still chasing after me.
  • Monkey huts spawn too many monkeys. Simply put 4 monkeys from a single hut seems a little bananas.
  • Bananas should either have seeds or have their own banana tree which you can move.
  • Eye Patch, just saying eye patches are cool and could even give limited night vision when unequipped. I would propose 1 clock segment of night vision then everything becoming pitch black.
  • Telescopes should be able to be used on boats. Every time I tried using it on a boat it wouldn't let me peer, bug maybe?
  • There should be a tropical salve which main ingredient is Tropical Leaves.
  • Wildboars look exactly like Werepigs on Full Moon, seems like the wereboar animation/build isn't finished.
  • Merm Fisherman look great almost makes me want to wish they could be befriended with Fish. Maybe they can be?
  • Waves should not go through Coral Nodes. Seems like if the Coral is ABOVE water the wave would break when it collides with it.
  • Life Jacket seems to do nothing. I looked at the code and it seems to have no functionality.
  • Ox seem like push overs compared to Beefalo.
  • Boat Torch seems to last a shorter amount of time compared to an actual torch.
  • Poison love the idea, hate the implementation. It's easily removed, not enough creatures are actually poisonous. Feels like a cheap gimmick.
  • Flup animation seems a little off. Their tongue sticks out too for way too long.
  • Monsoon Season and Flooding Season back to back seem to focus on you have a base/bunker set up, sandbagged and only relying on it. Seems like these are unfinished seasons.
  • Volcanic Season feels a little interesting, haven't played it yet.
  • Vacation Season feels exactly what I named it, like a vacation compared to other seasons.
  • Graphics Lag, Long Load Times, etc. need to be fixed. I'd rather play another game than wait 3-5 minutes for Shipwrekted to load.
  • When saving the game, there is a spike in performance.

Overall I like the new challenges and difficulties brought out by the DLC. I feel some things could be changed or altered to make more sense/add more challenge.

Life Jacket seems to do nothing. I looked at the code and it seems to have no functionality.

That's like saying that the life giving amulet does nothing.

Try reaching 0 boat life, with the life jacket equipped on your body slot.

The life giving amulet also works as a life jacket.

@DarkXero, while that is interesting to know, comparing it to the Life Giving Amulet might have been a poor choice. As I stated the life jacket source code seems to show it had no function, whereas the Life Giving Amulet serves 2 purposes. 1) it revives you if you die and 2) it will regenerate your HP if you wear it.

@agentsometime, Beefalo are dangerous and multiple will attack you if you attack one. On the other hand I attacked one Ox and the others sat there and watched. That is how they're considered push overs compared to Beefalo.

As I stated the life jacket source code seems to show it had no function, whereas the Life Giving Amulet serves 2 purposes. 1) it revives you if you die and 2) it will regenerate your HP if you wear it.

The life giving amulet doesn't have the "it revives you if you die" in amulet.lua.

The code is in the resurrectable component.

@DarkXero, I am not disputing the fact about where the resurrection code is located. I stated a fact, the fact is based on the source code the Life Jacket serves no purpose; not even you can dispute that fact. It would make sense if the Life Jacket also increased your sanity while you are on a boat, but it doesn't.

There are multiple ways to prevent dying/drowning when you're at sea, like pre-crafting multiple types of rafts/boats and leaving them in your craft window. If/When you're boat gets damaged enough simply place a new boat and transfer to the new ship. The cost to build the Life Jacket is not worth wasting the resources when there are multiple different options which cost far few resources.

Recipe for Life Jacket: Cloth x2, Vine x2, Empty Message In a Bottle x3

The Life Jacket is a one-use item meaning that the options I've outlined before are far better if you know you're about to sink into oblivion. While the Life Jacket does have its use, it's costly, limited and can be out performed due to the nature of the crafting system.

agree on most of it, exept poison.

" Poison love the idea, hate the implementation. It's easily removed, not enough creatures are actually poisonous. Feels like a cheap gimmick. "

-> snake/spider/etc ; basicaly all the poisonous monster are great and fun do deal with ( i mean it ) like, with 2/3 game, u know how to deal with them. the only one horrible is the muquito in the rain/flood season. And this season itself is realy painfull like ; alway 0 sanity, no way to counter that or did i miss something ?

tdlr : poison-musquito are the worst thing in the world + flood season T.T

Overall the game feels very unique and original. There are a few things that I find very inconsistent between the normal game and this DLC, however, I like the inconsistency for the most part.

Remember these are simply my opinions.

• Flint is quite rare on some islands and I've even started 1-2 games with 0 flint on the starting island.
  • Monkey's are interesting, however, I believe that they need to be tuned a bit. Reduce the amount of time they will follow you, I had an entire island of monkeys following me, sailed away for 2 in game days, came back to the same island to get gold and the monkeys were still chasing after me.
  • Monkey huts spawn too many monkeys. Simply put 4 monkeys from a single hut seems a little bananas.
  • Bananas should either have seeds or have their own banana tree which you can move.
  • Eye Patch, just saying eye patches are cool and could even give limited night vision when unequipped. I would propose 1 clock segment of night vision then everything becoming pitch black.
  • Telescopes should be able to be used on boats. Every time I tried using it on a boat it wouldn't let me peer, bug maybe?
  • There should be a tropical salve which main ingredient is Tropical Leaves.
  • Wildboars look exactly like Werepigs on Full Moon, seems like the wereboar animation/build isn't finished.
  • Merm Fisherman look great almost makes me want to wish they could be befriended with Fish. Maybe they can be?
  • Waves should not go through Coral Nodes. Seems like if the Coral is ABOVE water the wave would break when it collides with it.
  • Life Jacket seems to do nothing. I looked at the code and it seems to have no functionality.
  • Ox seem like push overs compared to Beefalo.
  • Boat Torch seems to last a shorter amount of time compared to an actual torch.
  • Poison love the idea, hate the implementation. It's easily removed, not enough creatures are actually poisonous. Feels like a cheap gimmick.
  • Flup animation seems a little off. Their tongue sticks out too for way too long.
  • Monsoon Season and Flooding Season back to back seem to focus on you have a base/bunker set up, sandbagged and only relying on it. Seems like these are unfinished seasons.
  • Volcanic Season feels a little interesting, haven't played it yet.
  • Vacation Season feels exactly what I named it, like a vacation compared to other seasons.
  • Graphics Lag, Long Load Times, etc. need to be fixed. I'd rather play another game than wait 3-5 minutes for Shipwrekted to load.
  • When saving the game, there is a spike in performance.

Overall I like the new challenges and difficulties brought out by the DLC. I feel some things could be changed or altered to make more sense/add more challenge.

On the whole, I agree. Two exceptions however;

I've had no problem finding Flint in the 3 worlds I've tried so far (One day 60+, one 30+ and one new game on day 2). Having read some other people's posts around here though, I feel I may have just gotten lucky.

I don't think Venom is an issue. I currently have so many Antivenoms because I thought I was going to need loads but TBH, with the exception of Mosquitos, you have to be fairly careless to get poisoned once you've worked out where/what the poisonous things are. That said, I don't think we need any more poisonous additions. No, there isn't much to get poisoned by, but it's/they're still there. In the background, ready to screw you over should you forget it's a thing.

My two main concerns are (not incuding the crock-pot contoller bug), firstly, like you; THE MONKEYS!! - there are just too damn many of them! -  And secondly, the near season-long volcano erruptions and rock falling, destroying EVERYTHING around you and giving you nothing else to do but avoid falling rocks and replace the Endothermic Fire you literally JUST crafted that got destroyed almost immediately after placing it. :wilson_facepalm:

As for the changing/altering of things, remember this is only early access. I'm quite certain the Monkeys wil be tweaked for instance.

Archived