Shipwrecked: Knowledge Compendium

Finally made an account here, posted this on reddit but I'll share here as well.

Megapost of tips and information I've experienced myself, seen in streams, or read on reddit/klei forums. Feel free to post more below and I'll add to the post as long as they're not extremely obvious. My last post with in-depth season/poison information can be found [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/3vahfn/shipwrecked_dlc_seasons_poison_hound_tips/)

Thank you /u/kuirem for crockpot recipes. All new recipes can be found [here](https://www.reddit.com/r/dontstarve/comments/3v2mzy/new_crockpot_recipes/)

**General:**

* Volcanos can be found anywhere on the map, randomly generated.
* Seashell spawns are tied to the tides, which are affected by the moon cycles. They are renewable
* Seashell armor and the gas mask negate poisoning from all of it's sources(mosquitos, snakes, spiders with armor, gas clouds and stinkrays with mask)
* There's a bug where woodie, when in beaver mode, can farm a single sand pile nonstop, creating an infinite amount of sand very quickly
* Venom glands are dropped by Stinkrays, venomous spiders and snakes, and digging up gas clouds.
* Instead of using a machete to collect bamboo/vines, digging them up takes only one action and you get roots as well
* Slot Machine/Treasure chests have a huge reward pool, including endgame weapons and armor, and obsidian items
* You can transform a 1% torch into a 100% boat lantern, game does not distinguish torch percentage
* Bermuda triangles can be found in the middle of the sea, they replace wormholes.
* Sailing towards the edges of the map(white fog) will cause you to appear on the other side of the map, reduces sanity
* Hammering debris surrounding the area where you spawned will reward you a boat repair kit
* Trawl nets have have one prolonged use, equip it and it'll fall off when full, letting you harvest it.
* Chopping down mangrove trees gives both logs and sticks, they respawn with time
* Golden machete doubles as a spear, same amount of damage. Crafting spear is not needed if you have plenty gold and a science machine.
* Bamboo and Vine farms require fertilizer, collect flowers from the start to have enough wet goop for when you settle down
* Bamboo and jungle tree farms are essential, you will need plenty for sandbags and general resources(eggs, banana, logs)
* You can find new trinkets in treasure chests(Ukelele, Orange Soda, etc long list)
* Parrots will sometimes drop dubloons on the floor, 3 dubloons can be crafted to make a gold nugget

**Weather:**

* Monsoon season will cause flooding. If your structures are flooded, they will not function(Science machine, alchemy engine, crockpot, etc).
* Picking up volcano staff will force start summer season
* Season order is Autumn(dry) > Winter(Hurricane) > Spring(Monsoon) > Summer(Meteor shower)
* Volcanic meteors will drop wherever the player currently is, essential to run away from base when shaking begins, signalling the start of meteor shower.
* Build lightning rod before winter(hurricane season) and sandbag fort before spring(monsoon season).
* You will not be able to survive a meteor hit, unless you have the best endgame armor and even then, barely. Being in a boat with a life preserver will save you.
* Freezing in winter does not seem to be a problem, overheating in summer is similar to first days of RoG summer, nothing too serious.
* Mosquitoes will spawn throughout the spring, they will poison you when they sting.
* Snakesin hats are most effective in stopping rain as they're fairly easy to craft, going to need bone shards and snakeskin.
* During Hurricane season, waves will be taller than normal. This means more ship damage if hit and you can't ride them for speed boosts.

**Ships:**

* If your ship breaks, you'll die unless you have a life preserver, regardless of location
* Thatch sail and cloth sail seem to have very similar speeds, it's likely they only differ in durabiltity
* First boat is never worth building, skip straight to raft whenever possible.
* You can craft an extra ship and not place it, saving it in crafting menu for moment of need
* You can only equip a tool while sailing(torch) once your ship has a sail, eliminating the need to row
* You get speed boosts when using waves at the correct angle, water damage to ship if not done properly. Chaining waves will result in very fast ship movement.

**Food:**

* Brainy sprout can be found in coral biome. Can be used to craft Brain of Thought which unlocks all crafting recipes for 4 uses. It also heals 50 sanity with a cost of 10 health. Spawns back every 3-4 days.
* Ice machine(Thermal stone + 5 bamboo + 2 Electrical Doodadas) incredibly useful, one log/manure will give 3 ice, spits them out one by one
* Meatballs(1 monster meat, 3 ice) still one of the best crockpot recipes for hunger
* Straving is least of worries in SW, easy to gather food is plentiful(seaweed, limpets, sweet potato, berries).

**Monsters and friendlies:**

* Swordfish are found in open sea and are fairly easy to kill, you can craft a cutlass from it. Best SW weapon, 150 uses.
* Whales are the koelafant replacement, follow bubbles to find them. After killing, must let carcass decompose for 3-4 days before looting.
* Clockwork ships can be found in the sea, killing them is the only way to get gears, aside from treasure chests
* Packim Baggins is a pelican companian that substitutes chester, you must pick up fishbone. Placing one piece of obsidian in each of his slots will transform him into a fire breathing pelican.
* Yaarctopus is the new Pig King, he can be found in open sea in a random coral biome.
* Monkeys will not steal from backpacks or chests
* Oxes replace beefalo, they can be found in mangrove biomes. Very rare.
* Jumping onto a ship will reset monster aggro
* If in the ocean, Hound equivalent sharks will spawn in same numbers with same health. They drop monster meat or shark fins, used to craft a shark hat that increases speed.
* Packim the pelican seems to be bugged, he will sometimes eat items that are given to him, caution.
* Palm Treeguards replace normal treeguards, planting coconuts does not calm them down.
* Enraged monkeys will throw poop at you, reducing your sanity very quickly.

**Sanity:**

* Building a sandcastle and standing right on top of it will give a huge sanity boost, essentially filling it up entirely overnight if standing right on top.
*  Bananapops and Surfnturf are food that both gives 33 sanity, very useful.
* Abundance of green mushrooms can be found in swamp biomes

Jumping onto a ship will reset monster aggro

Not exactly.

Most monsters will still try to attack you until you row the boat far enough. And if your stay near the shore, their attacks may also drain the durability of your boat.

And Shadow Creatures not affected at all.

* Packim Baggins is a pelican companian that substitutes chester, you must pick up fishbone. Placing one piece of obsidian in each of his slots will transform him into a fire breathing pelican.

Or fill him with 9 big raw fish (or 18 small fish) items for him to transform into fat one with 3 more slots. I believe he must be fed once per 3 days to make him stay FAT.

He will also consume any seafood placed into him and drop spoiled fish when dead dogfish is placed inside him.

When he is in the fire form he no longer eats seafood placed inside him, instead any placed food inside him and closing him will be cooked.

Go put that intel on the wiki! ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

* Slot Machine/Treasure chests have a huge reward pool, including endgame weapons and armor, and obsidian items

Have a bit of info on the topic of the slot machine. Played it about 100 times between my tries and compiled this list:

Slot machine - General Info

Each spin costs 1 dubloon and 5 sanity and standing near it reduces your sanity as if you were near a monster.

Three carrots happen approximately 75% of the time, the other 25% is split fairly evenly between the gold and skulls (percentages extrapolated from individual research, not the game files (because where's the fun in that? :razz:))

The only time that I see a single reward/punishment doled out more often than other from their respective buckets is in terms of the Three Skulls spiders, which happened probably 75% of the time (which was great for me since I play Webbster :grin:)

Three Skulls

Spider x3 

poisonous Mosquito x5

snake x3

Three Gold Nuggets

-Blow darts (any) x3, gold nuggets x3

-Obsidian x5

-Ice cube, tropical parasol

-gold nuggets x3, coconade x3

-ham bat, marble suit, blow dart

-walking cane, gold nuggets x3 

-Ice staff, gold nuggets x3 

-boomerang, tooth trap, grass suit

-floral shirt, umbrella, ice x3

-life giving amulet, gold nuggets x3 

-tropical parasol, snakeskin hat, snakeskin jacket

-red gem x3, blue gem x3

-fire staff, gold nuggets x3 

-purple gem x3

-theulicite club, gold nuggets x3 

-football helmet, log suit, spear

-honey x5, honey poultice, beekeepers hat

-thermal stone, gunpowder x3, electrical doodad x3

Three Carrots

-Watermelon x3, dragonfruit x3, banana x3

-Grass x3, twigs x3, logs x3

-Dogfish x3, tropical fish x3, fishing rod

-Dogfish, tropical fish x2, live jellyfish x1, limpets x2

-Bamboo root x3, bamboo x3

-live jellyfish x3

-Drumstick x5

-hammer, ax, shovel

-Flint x5

-blue mushroom x3, green mushroom x3, red mushroom x3, evil flower x5

-butterfly x5, bug net

-Limpets x5

-grass x5

-log x5

-berry bush x3, Berry x3

-Rock, gold nugget, Obsidian

-petals x5, flower wreath

-Grass x3, small trap, sun hat

-charcoal x3, torch, ashes x3

-manure x5

-berry x5

Let me know if any of you find any more drops!

* Packim the pelican seems to be bugged, he will sometimes eat items that are given to him, caution.

Apparently this only happens if you don't manually place items in him. In other words, DON'T just press left on the d-pad on the item you want to store in him (assuming the use of a controller rather than mouse & keyboard since that's what I use) or he will make that item vanish. Killing him will drop the vanished items on the floor.

Have a bit of info on the topic of the slot machine. Played it about 100 times between my tries and compiled this list:

Three Gold Nuggets

-theulicite club, gold nuggets x3 

Say WHAAAT?!?! If only I wasn't fast approaching volcano season I'd be off trying to get this immediately!

Thank you good sir.

Edit: Ooops. Double post. Sorry.

Archived