How do I transfer mods locally? Mods that are no longer on the workshop?

There are a couple of mods that I really like that I have been using for a long time, I want my friends to be able to use them too but they are no longer on the workshop.

I still have them downloaded though, how do I find out which mod is which in the local files and successfully transfer them over?

• Developer

In your mods folder there will be a folder for each mod. If the mods are from Steam, the folder will say "workshop-" and have a number unique to the mod, but I don't know if you can see that number anywhere in the workshop on Steam itself. I also don't know an easy way to determine which mod is which other than just looking in the folder and seeing what's in there. If the mod uses the mod api there should be a modinfo.txt that might help you determine which is which.

To transfer them, you just need to copy the folder to your friends mods directory.

If the mods from the workshop are no longer there, then they were using the unofficial modloader, which is no longer supported. If you put all these mod in a .zip or rar and upload it here, I will make an hardmod which your friends only have to drag into there scripts.zip

If the mods from the workshop are no longer there, then they were using the unofficial modloader, which is no longer supported. If you put all these mod in a .zip or rar and upload it here, I will make an hardmod which your friends only have to drag into there scripts.zip

I tried to do this but it said I wasn't permitted to upload this kind of file

Archived