Trapped on a island with no flint AT ALL !

The problem/bug did not happen on my starting island, it happened on a island i discovered. I have found there a Touch Stone which i activated, then came back to my home. Later, when i died from poison on the 15th day, i resurected on that Touch Stone. So, if i wanted to leave that island and come back to my home (and get my stuff back), i had to build a new boat and here is the bug : No flint at all on that island, no way to craft a simple hatchet to get some woods for a small boat, no way to craft a simple machette to cut some stuff for another type of boat, i was totally trapped and i ended dead, for good. Did i miss something? Auto-generated worldmap is sometimes a trap :p

In the base game, you could easily die because of cold if you don't put some basic item near the touchstone. I think it's a little the same thing here : you have to be careful, if not, you will die again.

Problem here isn't that you will eventually die (it's "your" fault), but that the death will be slow (cold is usually quick), and so, very annoying.

And i suggest here ( http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/59899-suggestion-swimming-in-the-shallows/?p=691709 ) that the lowest tier rack use twigs instead of logs. Twigs are in all the biome as far as i can tell, so it could allow to make a small boat to leave the island.

I'm pretty sure twig spawn only in sand biome and some island do not have this biome. So this solution is not secure the problem.

The good way to solve this problem is set up a log raft when you active a touch stone. Only 6 log 4 grass and you have a backup plan to travel back to main base

Its not a bug. The touch stone is meant as a lifeline in the event that you DO die.

Think of it this way, any time at all after resurrecting from a stone is borrowed ...

What I'm saying is, the touch stone isn't a get out of jail free card. It's an opportunity.

An opportunity for you to set up the required tools / rafts nearby to

MAKE it...

a get out of jail free card.

Most Days Survived : 33

Currently : 13

Yeah, I agree.  

Touchstones are fine the way they are currently.  You will need to make use of it before dying to make it worth it.  

For example, I was poisoned without a cure so traveled back to the island with a touchstone so I could resurrect by my boat and supplies.  I wasn't prepared ahead of time but got wise in the eleventh hour to save my run.

The problem/bug did not happen on my starting island, it happened on a island i discovered. I have found there a Touch Stone which i activated, then came back to my home. Later, when i died from poison on the 15th day, i resurected on that Touch Stone. So, if i wanted to leave that island and come back to my home (and get my stuff back), i had to build a new boat and here is the bug : No flint at all on that island, no way to craft a simple hatchet to get some woods for a small boat, no way to craft a simple machette to cut some stuff for another type of boat, i was totally trapped and i ended dead, for good. Did i miss something? Auto-generated worldmap is sometimes a trap :razz:

This is not at all a bug. You didn't spawn there, and you failed to have a boat pre-made or left at the island in case you died. Just an oversight by you, unfortunately :c

I did however spawn on an island with no flint at all. It was my first game in Shipwrecked. I call it bad luck AND a bug. You should not be spawned on an island with no flint when starting a game. I had to start over when I realized there's no way for me to survive more than a day.

I did however spawn on an island with no flint at all. It was my first game in Shipwrecked. I call it bad luck AND a bug. You should not be spawned on an island with no flint when starting a game. I had to start over when I realized there's no way for me to survive more than a day.

Yea this is not cool .  Clearly map generation needs to be looked into. 

I stopped getting the huge number of errors I was getting over the first few days after launch but bugs like this make me almost disappointed that i bought the game in early access.

its supposed to be "playable"    but when you start on an island with no flint . that means you cant leave that island.  that's not playable  D: 

* maybe this was already fixed i dono * : /

I've also been respawned on an island with no flint but it's not really a bug. It's similar to respawning in winter - you have to outfit your touch stone area with things you'll need to survive if you respawn at the worst possible time.

I do think having reoccuring flint on beaches would be nice though :p The island I respawned to had a beach, grasslands and jungle. Usually the grasslands have flint laying around but the monkeys got it all and I had picked up the few beach flint when first finding the island :p

Archived