Lag in a few days in game

I played Don't Starve a lot, like around 400 hours, and never had any problem with it but now I get lag when playing and within a few days it just start lagging until I have to quit because the lag is too strong.

I tried a lot of things like uninstall and install again, install new drivers, but now I just don't know you what to do.

Do someone have a solution ? I'll be really grateful, I just want to have the proper Don't starve experience again !

Sorry for my english, it is not my first language.

Thanks !

I played Don't Starve a lot, like around 400 hours, and never had any problem with it but now I get lag when playing and within a few days it just start lagging until I have to quit because the lag is too strong.

I tried a lot of things like uninstall and install again, install new drivers, but now I just don't know you what to do.

Do someone have a solution ? I'll be really grateful, I just want to have the proper Don't starve experience again !

Sorry for my english, it is not my first language.

Thanks !

Not sure if I get the same thing but, sometimes I get instant stuttering and it doesn't wear off unless I press esc, and go to options. It usually gets it fixed for me, but sometimes I need to stay in the options screen (like 5 s) if it doesn't go away, after that it's fine.

I don't think it is do you get lag when browsing the craft menu ? But now I just play for a few days and the game start lagging until it's unplayable really. Do you think it's a problem caused by my computer ? Like having too much crap on my computer, I'm just wondering if clearing my entire computer could fix this problem. Or if it's just caused by the early access shipwrecked but it seems that even in don't starve the original version lag too. I tried to update my drivers but nothing seems to work..

Don't Starve is deceptively complex when it comes to processing. While it may not have super realistic graphics, there are soooo many things constantly going on in a pretty large radius around the player's character in the game that your computer is trying to run as smoothly as possible. You may need to upgrade your computer, which could mean getting a newer processor and/or more RAM, maybe a new video card depending on your computers current hardware. My computer lags as you've described while playing, though not once i've reached a specific day mostly around the auto-save, and the changing of the day/evening/night cycle, but it is because i know i need to get a new/upgraded computer that can handle the things im asking of it.

BTW i am now taking donations for the "get Bdiz a new computer foundation"

I don't think problems come there. I've got two computers, one more powerful than the other. In the small one, DSS purr like a cat. In the other one ( the powerful one ), the game is lagging a lot after several days ... I think issue comes from BETA version, more or less, but I can't confirm.

Archived