Problems with SW

1. Biome Diversity- Biome diversity is hugely lacking, there are only around 7 biomes, and only 2 of them, the jungle, and the mangroves feel finished, it make the game unexciting. For example, beaches just have crab dens and palm trees, or meadows have only grass, flowers, and sweet potatoes.

2. No Caves- As we know from DST, killing caves kills your end game, you also killed even more biome diversity by trashing caves.

3. For The Love Of God Help WX- Wetness is unavoidable in this game, I don't like getting hit by a wave and exploding, WX is punished so much in this game it is unbelievable.

4. Help Wigfrid Out a Bit- Her helmet doesn't matter on the sea, the sea has lots of big animals that she can kill, the main land doesn't. Vikings had boats anyway.

5. RoG kept you from being cooped up in your base with some scary baddies who would mess it up, but SW does just the opposite, monsoon season keeps you in your base, if you leave you get hit by lightning, or come night your torch or campfire run out faster than Hussein Bolt. Also, winter got rid of your resources, but monsoon doesn't, I sat in my based for 5 days with rot everywhere with plenty of food, and the game turned into me alt-tabbing to something more interesting than Maxwell talking about his damp dapper suit.

6. Fill out your current biomes- as said before, so many biomes are incomplete, and as wigfrid and wolfgang there is no way to kill large animals, or even animals that give as much meat as catcoons, so the abilities feel more underwhelming than before, especially wolfgang.

7. Why not add a mainland with the old biomes in the center, and beaches surrounding the coast, then have islands around the mainland... Not a programmer, so I don't know, just don't enjoy idea of switching between the two worlds. Going form SW to DS to Caves to Ruins and back seems like more trouble than it's worth.

Thank you for your time, and I hoped this helped, if you have any questions, I'll get back to you.

1. Biome Diversity- Biome diversity is hugely lacking, there are only around 7 biomes, and only 2 of them, the jungle, and the mangroves feel finished, it make the game unexciting. For example, beaches just have crab dens and palm trees, or meadows have only grass, flowers, and sweet potatoes.

We do need more biomes. I'm actually beginning to get TIRED of seeing beaches all the time. 7 times out of 10, I see a sad lonely beach island with a single wildbore and a bunch of crabs and palm trees and no other biomes on the island.

I suggested that there be an ice biome, where if you stay on the ice, it would eventually make you cold, and there would be Blue Hounds, and maybe some more icy critters for the SW Expansion. You could mine some ice and get hail, and stuff like that. It would add some big variety to such a tropical world, and even if it is out of place, Don't Starve is already a nonsensical world.

I also suggested that there be several different shades of the biome colours, y'know, like maybe a darker green for the meadows, or an orange beach, or a much darker volcanic biome. SOMETHING to give each island its own feel, even if they don't decide to add any more to the biomes!

I wouldn't mind seeing some set piece islands like the volcanic Tallbird isle, where it's a bunch of Tallbirds with their eggs on the volcanic biome.

These would be welcomed by me.

Archived