I just downloaded the game off of Steam today for my iMac. I've been playing for several hours now without any issues with the game play except for this little notification will not go away.

3brA2L1.png

Even when I press "shift+tab" on the home menu it will not go away. 

I do have to admit I just recently got this iMac so I'm still learning how to use it. Steam did give me a code for the game saying that I needed to enter it when I opened the game; however, the game never gave me the option to enter it. I usually would not care but it is interfering with my game meter (if that's what you would call it). I cannot see the icon that shows the time of day it is because of this message. 

Any advice on what to do?

Thanks in advance. 

....even when I press "shift+tab" on the home menu it will not go away. 

Hello KitsuneChan, welcome to the forums and the Invisible, Inc. universe. I think you need to toggle the Enable Steam Overlay in steams settings. I don't know how it's suppose to look on Mac but in the image below is how it looks on my side (Windows 10). If it's already enabled, you should try and change the shortcut key for it.

post-474697-0-81744200-1448691747_thumb.

I hope that helps. Good luck and have fun playing the game, cheers!

Hello KitsuneChan, welcome to the forums and the Invisible, Inc. universe. I think you need to toggle the Enable Steam Overlay in steams settings. I don't know how it's suppose to look on Mac but in the image below is how it looks on my side (Windows 10). If it's already enabled, you should try and change the shortcut key for it.

attachicon.gifsteamoverlay.png

I hope that helps. Good luck and have fun playing the game, cheers!

Unfortunately it did not. 

I think your game is Dont Starve, right? Then first, your on the wrong forum. Then this product Key can be activated for the DRM-Free Humbel Version, just search on the web how,

I'm so sorry. I just saw the "General Discussion" part. iirc it was midnight when I was surfing this site trying to figure it out. 

If a moderator wants to they could just move it to the correct board. 

I'm so sorry. I just saw the "General Discussion" part. iirc it was midnight when I was surfing this site trying to figure it out. 

If a moderator wants to they could just move it to the correct board. 

You do not have to be sorry, it happens very often indeed.

Also, this might be helpful. http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/1126155-how-keys-work-steam-purchase-don-t-starve-reign-of-giants-

Unfortunately it did not.

Have you done any google searches of other people's encounter with the same issue yet? If not, I'd recommend you try these ones at least. I cannot confirm if these work, cause I've never had this issue myself and I don't have Mac.

• Fix Steam Overlay Not Working On Mac
  • This suggestion is by a steam user in a whole different forum: "...the most painless fix for most steam problems is to delete every folder/file except Steamapps, steam.exe and Userdata (this is optional, as it contains game saves for *some* games), and then just run Steam. All the necessary files will be re-downloaded and your client will be fresh. Basically a reinstall of your steam." But if that process bothers you, you can just follow the next instruction instead.
  • Move the steamapps to a safe location, uninstall steam then reinstall steam completely. Then move the steamapps back to the steam Root folder.

Cheers.

Archived