Why haven't skins come out of the beta branch yet?

@Sportsman180, the devs are already working on it. I'd think that they'd want to polish the gift drops system to be as fool-proof, crash-proof and exploit-proof as much as possible before releasing it to the general public, Main DST branch. I could be missing other just as important stuff that they are specifically testing with the cavesbeta branch, but I'll leave that question up to the devs involved.

If you want to get skins, then you simply get into the cavesbeta branch. As the eventual merging of the Main and Cavesbeta branches is just around the corner, these two branches are almost alike. If you want to speed up the merge, you can start by helping with bugtesting the cavesbeta.

Cheers.

Uninstall and reinstall Don't Starve Together Dedicated server, reinstall it after you go into the cavesbeta branch, should work

I rent my dedicated server from Citadel Servers, I've talked to support, they're not able to get into the beta any longer for some reason.

@Sportsman180, sadly, I have no experience with Citadel Servers or with GSAs for that matter. Hopefully, the devs can see this thread and give insight on what's the next best course of action to take. For now I'd suggest you get in touch with other DST players that are renting from Citadel Servers, they might have experienced the same issue before and might be able to help you with yours.

Sorry again, cheers.

Archived