[General] - Scrub Databanks won't progress

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Platform: PC

Issue Title: Scrub Databanks won't progress

Issue Description: Unable to progress the objective to scrub databanks.

BUILD[trunk.156197] LUA[156198] USER[34656065@steam]

GAME [0.17.9].1.3.1.0.vault.ko.1882235649

Steps to Reproduce: Trying to 'loot' a hacked databank, I get the voice-over from Central and my agent will go into the typing animation... then get stuck in that animation. I can still move them around the level and when stopped on another tile they contine the typing animation. Ending the turn returns the agent to normal but there is no way for me to progress the "Scrub batabanks" tracker.

Retuning to a databank to re-loot it produces the same results, I get stuck in an animation and no advancement of the objective occurs.

• Developer

I think this might not be a bug, but might need better in game information. Your agents need to spend 3 turns hacking the databanks to scrub them. 

They can move off the database and move back to it during a turn. But at the end the turn, they must be hacking for it to progress.

It's also being buggy for me.

In my case, Banks (ironically?) can't progress Databanks, but International can. (These are the only two agents I've tried to have scrub them.)

Maybe it's because Banks triggered Central's initial statement?  I've only gotten to two databanks so far, but in both cases Banks could not progress the counter.

• Developer

Aelenai, if you have a savegame where Banks can't scrub, it would really help me track down your issue. I'm able to have Banks scrub in a fresh game, so it must be some combination of things.

Just to be sure though, only one agent can hack a databank at a time. You can be hacking two or three banks at the same time, but only one agent per databank. 

Unfortunately I don't.  I get too involved in the game and forget to quit/save and backup the save. :)

However, after reading a bit in the general forums about the "scrub databanks" mission (link), I think you are correct about this not being a bug, but instead an unclear display issue.

When you first encounter the databanks, you get a little counter in the objectives area of the screen.  This counter is for the number of databanks you need to scrub. However, it seems like each individual databank may take some number of turns hacking it before it's actually done being scrubbed, but I don't think this is displayed well (The comments in the other thread suggested it was in the little holographic display above the databanks, which may be the case, I honestly didn't notice).  This is probably what made me think that the scrub was not progressing (even when it was).

Am I correct in my thoughts on this?  If so, is there any chance of making the display a bit clearer?

Archived