Report/mute system in DST?

Hello everyone,I joined recently to this community and bought  Dont Starve Mega Bundle and my opinion about this game is all best.Only one thing that i dont see in Dont Starve Together is not having report,kick or mute option due of some players toxicity.I doubt about that,tought that isnt possible but i saw that toxic players are available on this game also.Such as negative behaivor,ignoring people that need help,calling them "noobs" and those "noobs" that get on fire (angry) show their emotions by burning all bases with torch or spawning tentacles with wickerbottom in middle of base and many many of ideas that can ruin players hard work.So we at other side are helpless,we cant do nothing about it...

Hello everyone,I joined recently to this community and bought  Dont Starve Mega Bundle and my opinion about this game is all best.Only one thing that i dont see in Dont Starve Together is not having report,kick or mute option due of some players toxicity.I doubt about that,tought that isnt possible but i saw that toxic players are available on this game also.Such as negative behaivor,ignoring people that need help,calling them "noobs" and those "noobs" that get on fire (angry) show their emotions by burning all bases with torch or spawning tentacles with wickerbottom in middle of base and many many of ideas that can ruin players hard work.So we at other side are helpless,we cant do nothing about it...

Assuming that you are playing on a dedicated server with no admins, no moderators whatsoever then this will happen. Otherwise, those players will get ban immediately.

About the mute, well, no in-game voice yet, so that won't be coming anytime soon. But if you meant that you would like to not see the text of some players....I have no idea about that.

@Deathclaw, first of all, welcome to the forums and the don't starve universe. On behalf of the non-toxic DST community, I'm sorry you had a rough experience but if you play enough times, eventually you'll find the right kind of people to play with. Once you do, you can thoroughly enjoy the DST experience with like-minded people. I'll give a few more tips later.

Secondly Vote Kick does exist, but the server admins/creators should enable it on their server settings when they create the server. From what I remember, if the Vote Kick is enabled, players will be able to start kick votes through buttons that will appear in the player list UI. Simply put, for players to vote kick, the vote kick option should be enabled by the server host/admin/owner. 

Thirdly, mute also exists. It is a button found in the Player List. To show the player list you press Tab, that is the default button for it. If pressing Tab won't show the Player List, check in your Settings Control. The mute is seen here.

post-474697-0-07298700-1447343094_thumb.

Fourthly, tips. I'd recommend the following:
  • Find server host/admins/owners under the Server Bulletin. The people there have their own group of players that may have the same playstyle as you. Most of them are even open to getting new members to play with. Give that subforum a read through, and hopefully you find the right people.
  • To reiterate the first tip I mentioned in the first paragraph, if you play enough public games you will eventually find the right people to play DST with and enjoy the game thoroughly.
  • Create your own dedicated server and be the admin you wish you had during those rough times:
  • OR simply host a game on your own with these mods to reduce griefing encounters:

Lastly, that's all the tips and help I can give you. I hope that helps. Good luck, have fun. Cheers.

Archived