Some questions about coding and Character help!

Hi there! I'm working on a new character mod and I have a few questions

Is there any specific thing I need to do when putting code for perks to work. Or can I just copy and paste them in the appropriate area? 

If you make changes to the artwork, do you just autocompile it again and thats it?

My character is based on me and based on AU of me that metal animal legs and a tail.

When her sanity drops to 50 out of 110, I want her to transform into another form. (Which is a face swap) 

This form makes her stronger and be able to shoot flames (Pink colored)

I also want her to make a response quote to anyone who plays as Wilson. How would I do that?

What coding do I need for above to happen and work?

Also, how can I port this DS-ROG after it's done?

Hello,

As far as your questions go, I can answer a few. Firstly, the artwork will auto-compile assuming you do not change your scripts and modmain lua files. Be sure to remove the tex files and the note files so it will be atlased. As far as the character perks go, I would not recommend just copying and pasting them to an extent. I do understand that much of the lines can be copied and pasted saving much time, and feel free to do that, but I would definitely put a focus on understanding how the code actually functions, as best as possible.

As far as adding perks, post the code in your character lua

Finally, as far as porting goes... I do have some bad news. It is much easier to port from Don't Starve to Don't Starve Together, but much harder vice versa, at least in my opinion. Still, overall it is not too bad of a process, and I would recommend downloading the sample character to see what files need to be removed or changed to make it compatible with Don't Starve.

My apologies on not being able to answer all your questions, specifically those regarding purely code (I'm still learning myself), but I hope this helps

To receive coding help, it will probably be best to do it the way I did it, posting each problem one-by-one. This may be tedious, but it greatly improves your chances on getting a better response.