How do I make a magic trowel for transplanting cactuses?

Hi guys, I want my Wanda character to be able to prototype a Magic Trowel at the Prestihatitator for transplanting cactuses (like the magic pouch of Winnie the Vegetarian in solo DS but costly to make / use, and has limited uses).  Cheers, Rusty

Edited by RustyNayle

Actually, cactuses can't normally be dug with shovels at all (that would be way OP).  When mushrooms are dug, they just yield 1-2 mushrooms and destroy the harvested mushroom spawn point, you can't re-plant them.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=320915614 is the mod character I was referring to for solo DS.  Winnie has a magic pouch in her starting inventory, I guess she places it over the plant which destroys the original and places a new dug_plant prefab into her inventory.

I thought if Cyde042 can do that for cactuses, lichen, cave bananas, reeds, light flowers, and mushrooms, then it wouldn't be much different for my character to instead use a magic trowel which, instead of the dug_plant appearing in her inventory, just spawns on the ground like when you dig stuff normally.

Sorry for the confusion.  Cheers, Rusty

Edited by RustyNayle

Awesome!  Once again, thanks so much for that.  All I had to do was change the recipe in the magictrowel.lua script to TECH.MAGIC_TWO instead of TECH.MAGIC_THREE (its so confusing when they call the prefab researchlab3 but it's the magic tier 2 building).  Anyway, it should be a simple matter to edit a copy of the goldenshovel image / anim so that it has a purple sheen and/or gem encrusted in the end.  Cheers!

Edited by RustyNayle

While the Magic Trowel worked at first, I think I must have changed something accidentally and now it's causing the whole server to crash while generating a new world.  The log.txt (attached to the top of the first post) is really confusing, I can't single out the issue.  I'll send you a personal message, DarkXero.

Aargh, how do I delete comments?  I just decided to overwrite some of the existing magic trowel LUAs with the originals you sent me, and copied and pasted the lines from the modmain, etc, it looks like it's fixed now.

Edited by RustyNayle