[General] - dontstarve_steam.exe not responding

SpiralPioneer

Bug Submission:

Category: General

Issue Title: dontstarve_steam.exe not responding

Issue Description: My friend joined my game then his game crashed and now it wont let him play at all. When he tries to start the game it says dontstarve_steam.exe not responding.

How can he fix this?

Steps to Reproduce: I downloaded some mods/add-ons from the workshop then started up the world (game was already open). Then he joined, his game crashed then it wouldn't let him play.

Okay I just bought the game today and I'm kind of sad. I've been trying none stop to get it too work. I've emailed about this to this site looking for help the problem is when I got the game I sent one to a friend as well. I got this on steam so it was from package deals. His for some reason works perfectly fine while mine wont even start he tells me while his runs a don't starve steam.exe will show in his process mine wont even show up when I click it. it will say running for a second then immediately stop I got all of don't starve for both of us in this one day and I'm really hoping to play it with him but it won't want to be fixed I have all the right computer equipment to run it I did a NVIDIA and DXRedist to it. I've done a program files open as administrator and regular on it. I have videos of how it stops running sent in separate emails because I had to separate the band with of the videos to send them to my email to post as videos to my computer from my iPhone 4. I spammed click the program after all this for one hour slowly and then the next hour very fast. I've made sure I enter the 50 dollar credit card code I had into steam correctly. I have done uninstalled and reinstalled the games I don't know how many times and done this with the steam all of steam as well. So if their is anything else I can do or try please let me know but I have already gone through a lot to play this game so I am sad that all I've done may not matter. by the way I don't even get the Don't Starve .exe is not responding sign I get absolutely nothing and I have AVG scanning my computer constantly.

Archived