Caves Server Doesn't Work

I've done the steamcmd update, I created a worldgenoverride.lua to do the proper return and everything.

I run the server and it won't show a caves world. I've already regenerated the world and everything. It still shows the regular world. It's like it doesn't read the freaking worldgenoverride. I don't understand it. Any help please?

I've done the steamcmd update, I created a worldgenoverride.lua to do the proper return and everything.

I run the server and it won't show a caves world. I've already regenerated the world and everything. It still shows the regular world. It's like it doesn't read the freaking worldgenoverride. I don't understand it. Any help please?

This happened to me also. It's an easy fix if you had the same issue as me. Most likely your "worldgenoverride.lua" is probably "worldgenoverride.lua.txt". The reason why it still has a .txt even though you only see .lua is because your windows explorer probably has extensions hidden that's why it's still a .txt even though you named it .lua

Hope this helps. :)

Did you create a master (overworld) and a slave (cave) servers?

If you didn't, and would only like to run a cave server, be sure you opt-in to the cavebeta, whereas you won't able to find any options returning or play the overworld.

If you did create a master and slave server, and you can't find the sinkhole, you should just 'create' it by typing this in your console or (if have, use moderator commands mod from the workshop, highly useful) "cave_entrance". If you did it correctly, you will be able to transfer over to your slave server to explore the caves.

Otherwise, if crashed, please post your logs here.

This happened to me also. It's an easy fix if you had the same issue as me. Most likely your "worldgenoverride.lua" is probably "worldgenoverride.lua.txt". The reason why it still has a .txt even though you only see .lua is because your windows explorer probably has extensions hidden that's why it's still a .txt even though you named it .lua

Hope this helps. :-)

I don't think so. I've set my folder options in my Windows control panel to show all hidden files, folders, and file extensions. I would've seen it if that file was a .txt

You see, if I place the syntax for creating a caves world:

return {override_enabled = true,preset="DST_CAVE"}

It just gives me an overworld. I don't understand it. Now once I change the worldgenoverride so that all the resources (like trees, sticks, flowers, and others) don't show up by changing their settings to "never" and when I regenerate the world via c_regenerateworld(), the resources are gone. So it does read the override file. I just don't understand what's happening.

Did you create a master (overworld) and a slave (cave) servers?

If you didn't, and would only like to run a cave server, be sure you opt-in to the cavebeta, whereas you won't able to find any options returning or play the overworld.

If you did create a master and slave server, and you can't find the sinkhole, you should just 'create' it by typing this in your console or (if have, use moderator commands mod from the workshop, highly useful) "cave_entrance". If you did it correctly, you will be able to transfer over to your slave server to explore the caves.

Otherwise, if crashed, please post your logs here.

I'm not creating a multi-level world yet. I'm trying to create a caves only world at the moment. I wanna test each component before I start linking everything because debugging is a hassle when I go straight to multi-level.

What do you mean opt-in to the cavesbeta? I'm updated both my game client (via "Steam > DST > Properties > Beta > cavesbeta" and I verified my game contents)

I also updated my dedicated server (the one that has the nullrenderer) to cavesbeta using SteamCMD

and

app_update 343050 -beta cavesbeta validate

So I don't understand. I don't know what I'm missing. I've followed the guides [http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/57890-playing-caves-beta/#entry673404] and I know I'm not that careless because I'm also a programmer so I sort of understand what's happening. It's just that I can't pinpoint what's causing it to just... Derp.

Archived