Request for Help Regarding Creating Perks

I'm rummaging through game code, but I don't understand how I should mash some of it together.

For example, my character is a "synthetic human" and that essentially means that it can eat both food and fuel like anything that goes into a fire. I've looked at the fuel.lua but Im blind when it comes to coding, and I guess now I would have to add some function to that.

Second and third, it can change to a temporary, alternate form like werebeaver, and if it starts to freeze/overheat/get wet it will expend extra energy in the for of food to prevent these status ailments. (To be implemented as I learn what I am doing)

any help would be appreciated, to say I have little experience coding would be an understatement.

Hello

for your first question, what would make the most sense to me wouldn't to turn fuel items into food items for your charater, but make your character fuelable. Then modify the fuelable components function for your character to increase the hunger and/or health when you give him/her fuel (typically the OnTakeFuelItem function for instance).

Second and third point I am not sure I get what you want to achieve.