how do you replace augments when your slots are full?

i remember running across an option to "bore out" an augment in an agent to free up the slot again, but haven't seen it since in cybernetic lab missions.  

has anyone else seen this option and, if so, have you observed a consistent pattern in where it appears?

just answered this one myself: the machine that can do it is behind vault doors in cyber lab missions.  it's described here: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=441536185

i still wouldn't mind knowing if this special grafter can ONLY drill augments or if it can also either add slots or install new augments as well.

finally, it would be nice to confirm this:  that whether there is a vault door present at all on cyber lab missions is still random or not.

The special driller can remove an augment or add an augment slot to one of your agents. It does not give augments though.

Vault door is random. I believe you get one of the cyber lab layouts at random. Whether the spawn chance of the different layouts are weighted or not, or if some of them are corp specific, I don't know. Driller seems quite rare, so I doubt it is weighted higher than other layouts in any case. There are also layouts that don't have the door as you mentioned. I don't know the ratio of layouts with door to those without unfortunately.

In my experience, I seemed to get a drill about 50% of the time that I got a vault door on those maps, and I seemed to get a vault door about 80% of the time. I have no idea if those odds are typical though.

When you get a vault door but no drill, you instead get two additional augmenters. Very usful.

By adding an augment into a slot, your item gains an additional effect, as long as the augment is slotted. To use an Augment, double-click on it from your inventory. Then, a barter-shop style window specific to that augment will appear on screen.Place the item you want to augment, select the slot to place the augment in, and hit the “Augment” button

By adding an augment into a slot, your item gains an additional effect, as long as the augment is slotted. To use an Augment, double-click on it from your inventory. Then, a barter-shop style window specific to that augment will appear on screen.Place the item you want to augment, select the slot to place the augment in, and hit the “Augment” button

Uh, I think you're thinking about the wrong game. This is Invisible, Inc forums. I'm guessing you are talking about Don't Starve Together.

Archived