Screen kills itself when I log off

Hi all,

I have a server that runs in caves beta.

i got 2 different sh file to start both overworld and caves. commands in these 2 files are

screen -S "DST_Server" bash -c './dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -conf_dir DoNotStarveTogether'

screen -S "DST_Server2" bash -c './dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -conf_dir DST_Cave'

The problem is, when I log off from ssh using exit command, sometimes one of the screen is killed by my system itself (I do not run any commands to kill the screen), sometimes when i log in again, i can see 2 screens from screen -list command but sometimes one of them gets killed all of a sudden which stops the server..

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/396672236078314027/DDB0555A917743D05EAB9D285AD3626A07699F3A/

There is a screen on:
        16793.DST_Server2       (10/03/2015 12:03:48 PM)        (Detached)
1 Socket in /var/run/screen/S-sycater.

I found out that screen stops if i migrate back and forth few times which kills overworld screen and shuts down overworld server

[sHARD] Connecting to master...
[sHARD] Connection to master failed. Waiting to reconnect...

When i login to caves gives this warning

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/396672236078314027/DDB0555A917743D05EAB9D285AD3626A07699F3A/

and suddenly kills overworld screen..

Problem is that you're using the same screen name for both server screens...

Change the cave server command line to:

screen -S "DST_Server_Cave" bash -c './dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -conf_dir DST_Cave'

;)

Problem is that you're using the same screen name for both server screens...

Change the cave server command line to:

;)

No not really. Actual file is not like above.. I just copied one file and edited other on this forums the correct version is like this..

Overworld

#!/bin/sh

screen -S "DST_Server" bash -c './dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -conf_dir DoNotStarveTogether'

Caves

#!/bin/sh

screen -S "DST_Server2" bash -c './dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer -console -conf_dir DST_Cave'

And still problem continues...

http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/396672236078357396/8853751B651A364958C32B25362A98F8B33CF250/

Oh, ok! That's strange...

I don't have this problem, I don't know...sorry! :(

Edit: You should keep an eye on a possible server crash anyway, maybe it has nothing to do with screen?

what is your script of start server? Is there any way to start both servers in just one screen in different tabs? I want to try another version of this script if it is possible.

I found out that it stops the overworld server after some time... have no idea why it happens.. even you do not migrate overworld screen mode simply kills itself

I am going to try another thing. Wanna always keep ssh up and wanna play on my server to find out even in that case server stops itself...

You could try that, yeah.

But something is bugging me:

Why does this only affect overworld server?

Does it has something to do with the screens names?

I don't know...

I changed screen names now... They are

1) Overworld

2) Caves and Ruins

deleted all session saves and completely restarted both servers. Migrated back and forth like 15 times maybe and none of them stopped so far.

But while people were playing on the server, cave server screen lost for some reason but that was only once.. After that people left and all my migration tries ended up with random overworld screen lost in

>> screen -ls

which shuts down server...

Now there seems to be no problem.. I will keep an eye on this problem.

Except this irrevelant warning (that has nothing to do with the problem):

[WARNING] [account] dedicated_lan_server has been deprecated and replaced with [network] offline_server

I don't see any error that could explain what you're experencing!

Sorry, I can't help you more on this. :(

Except this irrevelant warning (that has nothing to do with the problem):

I don't see any error that could explain what you're experencing!

Sorry, I can't help you more on this. :(

Well, since i deleted the old world and restarted 2 servers, I guess it deleted all logs from log.txt... Yes in the new world there has been no problem... Screens are still up.. If I run into an issue, this time i will not miss taking log file and posting it here to see if it is about server crash or linux problem..

thanks for your time :)

I'm glad to have been able to help you a bit. ;)

And I'll look at your log if the problem reappear and you post it. :-)

Alright, now caves closed itself... In log file it says out of memory. Maybe it is because this server has not enough memory for 4+4 slot? It was working fine for 8 slots normal DST world...

Total memory of the machine is 760 MB and apparently it says approx. 920 MB is requested which is almost 160 MB more than what this server can handle?. Maybe thatswhy? If it is about slots maybe i should even reduce it to 4+3, 3+3 or even 2+2... This is just a test server and i want be sure that it works without any problem before moving to a better machine.

Here is the log file

log.txt

Yeah, you're too short on RAM.

I don't think player's slots will matter a lot.

You will have some troubles when entities will start to spawn all over the worlds (overworld+cave).

If it is just a temporary server, I think you can safely ignore that error...

But you'll probably be limited in what you can test before pushing it to an other server...

Archived