Crypt and Wraiths

I got an idea for a new enemy and building, a Wraith and a crypt, basically the crypt would spawn in graveyards with a numerous amount of tombstones around (like how the pig king spawns near a lot of houses), and each day (at sunset), the wraiths would quickly exit the tomb and attack every animal/life-form near them (the hostile monsters near them would try to flee when they see them, but probably wont escape), except for the mandrake, ghost, and the tree guardian (They are all pals). They would roam around at night, and be scared off by fire, but they would come closer to the fire than the shadow monster does. Pumpkin Lanterns would attract them (sort of like a diversion). Neither the player nor hostile enemies would be able to hurt these specters, and the only way to get rid of them for good would be to break their crypt with a hammer (it would take all of the hammer's durability to break it), upon breaking the crypt would drop 8 stone blocks, and a random item that you can dig up from a grave. Here is a doodle.

(It would look way cooler than this though)

post-6711-1376459001645_thumb.png

(In case you couldn't tell Im a boss at photoshop :cool:)

(ANOTHER FUN FACT: I'm not good at doodling on the computer)

Edited by CaptKnuckles

I like this idea.

It will add more of a danger to graveyards, because usually when I go dig up graves I stay there for a night or two.

With this I will dig graves for a while then get the heck away from there before sunset so then I don't die (from the way you described them they seem fast, so if sunset comes i'm doomed) this will make gravedigging more tideous and dangerous.

Though with the new changes to research i'm not sure if the gravedigger items will be worth getting or if they're useless

^^ they would be very fast lol. + Grave digging items are always pretty useful, you give them to the pig king to get gold, and you need gold for a lot of things.

On another note, I never like going near tombstones, because i always get the feeling a zombie/skeleton/ghoul/etc will appear out of nowhere and destroy me (i'm not 100% positive that they aren't in the game and i don't want to be the first to find out that they are lol)