Spriter mod

I don't suppose theres an easier access to animation re editing option.

Example: when player stand on one spot he/she does an animation of scratching their head.

You open Spriter and open to that animation and re-edit their hand and add a red hand instead or etcs.

atm I just open spriter and its hard to tell which image I need to edit for that one animation.

not too sure I explained that too well...

hmmm.

Open Spriter.

Find the animation you want to edit

Find out which image file you need to edit

Have a program that allows you to play each animation individually to see the end result of  your hard work instead of launching dont starve together to see the animation individually.

Could you explain me what you do with spriter? Because when you open the scml file, you have the list of the animations on the right panel. You just select the one you want and press the "play" button at the bottom left.

Are you using the character template where there is just one aniamtion called "BUILD" or whatever? Because if yes that's not where the animations are located.

Well, Spriter allows you to play animations independently so I am not sure I understand what you're looking for.

@ZupaleX

So how do you play an animation? Because using the Tutorial template and using the auto compiled animation. AND then opening the Spriter for my character I click lots of buttons but I don't see any

"Walk"

"run"

:Idle"

animations anywhere. and to be truthful. On the left side theres like 100 different types of "tail" used but in the folder it only has like 8 images. How do you know which tail goes where and where to edit a specific one.

Edited by BlueSideWind

Ok you are using the build file. This is not in this file that you will find the animation. This file contains the different "parts" of the character (legs, arms, body, etc...) which will be animated.

Look in the "anim" folder of don't starve, you will find plenty of stuffs. Ther eyou will find stuffs like "player_action" or similar files. These ones contains the animations. Use krane from ktool to decompile them into spriter projects that you can open.

Ok you are using the build file. This is not in this file that you will find the animation. This file contains the different "parts" of the character (legs, arms, body, etc...) which will be animated.

Look in the "anim" folder of don't starve, you will find plenty of stuffs. Ther eyou will find stuffs like "player_action" or similar files. These ones contains the animations. Use krane from ktool to decompile them into spriter projects that you can open.

well at least now I know what I did wrong but how do you use the ktool? or krane I googled and downloaded ktools but idk how to convert the anim into the spriter mod.

you navigate to the krane folder, open a windows command prompt here and type

krane "path_to_your_anim.bin\anim.bin" "path_to_the_build.bin\build.bin" "output_path"

You will find anim.bin and build.bin in the zip files contained in the "anim" folder of the game.

Edited by ZupaleX

you navigate to the krane folder, open a windows command prompt here and type

krane "path_to_your_anim.bin\anim.bin" "path_to_the_build.bin\build.bin" "output_path"

You will find anim.bin and build.bin in the zip files contained in the "anim" folder of the game.

@ZupaleX well I know how to run cmd but I dont understand your directions lol. so I launch cmd from my start menu how do I lead it to the krane? 

navigate to the krane folder or just open the cmd from the krane folder (top left of the window > File > Open cmd or something like that), then you just type the line I gave you and take care of course to replace "path_to_your_anim.bin" etc by the proper path.

navigate to the krane folder or just open the cmd from the krane folder (top left of the window > File > Open cmd or something like that), then you just type the line I gave you and take care of course to replace "path_to_your_anim.bin" etc by the proper path.

Can you show me a picture of how it would look like? because trying to link it to my folder doesnt seem to work since it says doesn't recognize Local Disk C

so basicly I open command prompt inside the folder like

*opened the folder called Krane"

and then open cmd from inside the folder "file open command prompt" and then inserting your code that you gave me. 

**krane "path_to_your_anim.bin\anim.bin" "path_to_the_build.bin\build.bin" "output_path"**

that and just **path_to_your_anim.bin\anim.bin**