[Mod] Programs Extended

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your post-3.2 versions of this break the game. :/ If I install Sim Constructor the game reaches a black screen but then quits; if I install just this then the game just doesn't load at all. Once I delete Sim Constructor and roll back to v3.2 the game loads fine for me again.

8 hours ago, JeysieC said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but your post-3.2 versions of this break the game. :/ If I install Sim Constructor the game reaches a black screen but then quits; if I install just this then the game just doesn't load at all. Once I delete Sim Constructor and roll back to v3.2 the game loads fine for me again.

Hmm, weird, as both forum and Workshop versions work fine for me and this is first time I hear this kind of problem. Please do the following instructions, they help in vast majority of modding-related issues:

1. Make sure you're running latest version of the game. Go to Steam client and verify integrity of game cache.

2. Delete everything in the InvisibleInc/mods folder.

3. Make sure You're subscribed to Sim Constructor (not the Sim Constructor Example!). If You're subscribed to Sequential Mod Loader, unsubscribe from it. That mod is a part of Sim Constructor and they may conflict with each other.

4. If You're trying to use Workshop version of Programs Extended, make sure You're subscribed to it.

5. Run the game, refresh mods and close the game.

6. If You're trying to use forum version of Programs Extended (don't use both!), download it and extract to InvisibleInc/mods.

7. Try running the game now.

8. If game still crashes, please attach to your next post log file from ".../Documents/Klei/InvisibleInc/logs". This will greatly help troubleshoot the issues.

If you absolutely have to be subscribed to Sim Constructor to get the right version, then I guess that's the problem. I have the GOG version of the game, so I used a Steam Workshop Downloader userscript to download the Sim Constructor mod.

1 hour ago, JeysieC said:

If you absolutely have to be subscribed to Sim Constructor to get the right version, then I guess that's the problem. I have the GOG version of the game, so I used a Steam Workshop Downloader userscript to download the Sim Constructor mod.

Subscription is not required per say, but that's how Steam version of the game knows what mod to download when refreshing. Go find Sim Constructor topic on this forum and ask Cyberboy2000 to upload his mod on forums. Meanwhile get this. That's Sim Constructor I'm using right now, it's on my Dropbox. Extract the archive to InvisibleInc/mods and you should be good.

13 hours ago, JeysieC said:

Still not working even with that version, unfortunately. :/ Here's the error log if you think that will help pin down the problem.

invisibleinc.txt

Jan 16 17:16:04 -- [LUA] SEQUENTIAL MOD LOADER...
Jan 16 17:16:04 -- [LUA] mod_manager:loadModContent(table: 4D056960
{
    SimConstructor = table: 4D056988,
    ProgramsExtended = table: 4D056A28,
})
Jan 16 17:16:04 -- [LUA] Loading mod Sim Constructor, with id: SimConstructor
Jan 16 17:16:04 -- [LUA] Loading mod Contingency Plan, with id: dlc1
----------------------------------------------------------------
Jan 16 17:16:04 -- ### ABORTING: FATAL SCRIPT ERROR ###
SimConstructor/mod_manager.lua:149: attempt to index local 'mod' (a nil value)

Looks like Sim Constructor did not add Contigency Plan dlc to a table, and when trying to load it, it gets a nil value error. Try to move (not copy) "dlc1" folder from "dlc" to "mods", as both my mod and Sim Constructor were added just fine.

Aha, I think that might have fixed it. The game at least runs now, and everything seems in place so far while playing.

Must be a quirk of the GOG version I guess; that dlc/dlc1 folder is the default for where Contingency Plan installs, versus installing in the mods folder.

Thanks for helping me out with this! I really like your mod and find the new programs and algorithms interesting in particular, as well as liking having all the programs be available for sale, so it's nice having it fully functional again.

Update V3.7:

Fixed a crash when guard teleported out and was affected by Chain, Alert, Owl or Smokescreen.

Changed Smokescreen to reduce vision range additively instead of multiplicatively. This prevents unwanted vision changes with Owl present at the same time.

Moved 'HARD' setting from 'ALARM STAGES' to "EXTENDED ALARMS'.

Hey, @wodzu_93 I got a problem:

Feb 24 22:02:14 -- Sim returned:
workshop-555765765/npc_abilities3.lua:264: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'LOSperipheralRange' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
    workshop-555765765/npc_abilities3.lua:264 in function 'onTrigger'
    workshop-580661011/engine.lua:1955 in function 'triggerEvent'
    workshop-580661011/engine.lua:2101 in function 'endTurn'
    game/sim/simactions.lua:474 in function '?'
    workshop-580661011/engine.lua:2132 in function 'applyAction'
    game/client/states/state-game.lua:362 in function <game/client/states/state-game.lua:359>

It happened when reverse-daemon SmokeScreen was activated, enemy turn never ends. Save/load suggest to regenerate level (either way game load end of previous turn and situation repeat itself).

On 2/24/2016 at 5:16 PM, Shirsh said:

Hey, @wodzu_93 I got a problem:

Feb 24 22:02:14 -- Sim returned:
workshop-555765765/npc_abilities3.lua:264: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'LOSperipheralRange' (a nil value)

stack traceback:
    workshop-555765765/npc_abilities3.lua:264 in function 'onTrigger'
    workshop-580661011/engine.lua:1955 in function 'triggerEvent'
    workshop-580661011/engine.lua:2101 in function 'endTurn'
    game/sim/simactions.lua:474 in function '?'
    workshop-580661011/engine.lua:2132 in function 'applyAction'
    game/client/states/state-game.lua:362 in function <game/client/states/state-game.lua:359>

It happened when reverse-daemon SmokeScreen was activated, enemy turn never ends. Save/load suggest to regenerate level (either way game load end of previous turn and situation repeat itself).

Did any new guards have spawned/despawned during enemy turn (What kind if any)? This error happened because peripheral vision values were not initialized when Smokescreen tried to reduce peripheral vision range of a guard. Looks like I will have to add a lot of nil value checks to the code.

EDIT: Update is out. Smokescreen, Owl and Owl V2 now check for nil value before performing arithmetics. There shouldn't be any more crashes with those.

5 hours ago, ChrRubin said:

My game loads into a black screen. From the log file it looks like it's trying to find files from the Contingency Plan DLC (which I don't have yet). Hopefully there's a way around this problem...

invisibleinc.txt

Game was crashing because I left a single line of deprecated code in. :? 

Fixed, grab the latest version. Also added a new Daemon.

On 23.4.2016 at 1:10 AM, Gnaf59 said:

I see the mod require Sim constructor, but i use the GOG version and Sim constructor is only on steam ...

is it possible to use your mod without Sim constructor ?

I don't know the answer to your question, but my guess would be no.

I'm just gonna put SimConstructor24042016.zip here without any permission from Cyberboy2000. Hopefully, he's fine with it. Extract it to ...\InvisibleInc\mods\

2 hours ago, Gnaf59 said:

Thanks a lot ! :D

EDIT: Don't work the game doesn't launch :(

That's unfortunate.
I'm not the mod creator, so I can't promise anything. However, if you upload your log file after you try launching the game, someone might be able to help you.

Location of log file on windows: ...\Documents\Klei\InvisibleInc\logs\invisibleinc.txt
On other OS, you might have to search a bit.

Yeah, I see the error. It's my fault. A mod folder apparently cannot have certain special characters in the name. Rename your .../mods/Sim Constructor 24.04.2016/ folder I gave you to just SimConstructor or whatever name you like. Just make sure it doesn't have any spaces, periods, etc.

Sorry about that.

(Tried to fix the previous post. Hopefully I didn't mess it up again.)

Small update today:

V3.10
+ Added Inspect Daemon.
* Reduced Power Surge's cost to 500 CR and PWR generated per hack to 1.
* Updated Auxiliary Server Terminal UI Patch to include latest game update.

This mod is pretty much complete at this point, I don't see much else that can be added in Programs/Daemons category. This will probably be the last content update. That said, please report any bugs you find, and I'm open for balance sugestions as well.

Archived