Science discovered making it's way towards a new game

Bor

Hello. I'm new to the game, so perhaps it's a bit noobish question, but I've noticed that the science I discover in one playthrough makes it's way to the next playthrough, meaning I only have to discover everything once, is that intentional? Is there a way to start without the discoveries, a totally clean save file? Is it going to be like that in the full game as well? Also, how about other characters, do I have everything discovered on them as well if I do it on Wilson, or each character starts fresh?I only have one character so far, so I can't check myself (bought the game yesterday).Great game so far, having a lot of fun with it, and there's so much that is still going to be added in the future, I can't wait and will definitely follow the game's development :)Cheers.

That's considered research on these forums. For now, yeah, once you discover it it's discovered for good. If you want to delete your save to restart then go to your steam folder, userdata, whatever the number is, 219740, remote, and then delete the profile. Sadly, that'll also delete your characters. There's no middle ground at the moment.

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?1822-New-Research-Plan

This is what it'll be changed to in the future. Or something similar.

That's considered research on these forums. For now, yeah, once you discover it it's discovered for good. If you want to delete your save to restart then go to your steam folder, userdata, whatever the number is, 219740, remote, and then delete the profile. Sadly, that'll also delete your characters. There's no middle ground at the moment.http://forums.kleientertainment.com/showthread.php?1822-New-Research-PlanThis is what it'll be changed to in the future. Or something similar.

Thank you for a quick response and the link - it was very helpful :)