Fences and more ideas on Hammer

I checked around the forum already for fence post.I liked what people are saying about the fences.My idea is just a simple fence to keep the game simple and not add any complexity to it because it might overall change the theme of the game.Also, instead of just having a hammer deconstruct things, why not also have it repair stuff (making this a complimentary to the fences).So I was hoping maybe add a simple fence by making it from 2 Logs and 4 twigs.Then also adding a gate fence for entering and exiting using the same amount of materials.So Breaking it down:Fences and Gate Fences require 2 Logs and 4 twigs to construct.Fences and Gate Fences should be 2 separate research for maybe 40 research points eachGate Fences are less durable compared to Fences.Hammers can be used to repair fences and gate fences using Logs.

I think fences shouldn't be repairable when a mob is nearby,like a straw roll(Originaly writed hound.Derp).And expensive , about 3 Boards and 2 Ropes should do it.¨It should also be able to be hit from a mob and catch on fire.(Fence gates would take only few hits)But,It's a great idea to keep a beefalo on one spot,or have some civiliz..*Cough* or if you want to be feeling like a cow in fence fort..Also,they shouldnt be allowed to be placed close together,so people dont just make ten wall thick forts....And most importantly:They should go in the game after mobs have pathfinding AI.

People write about fences but what about other defences that automagicaly don't attack you. Like you could find "Tesla's Digest" It would allow a very weak tesla coil that would take like 10 gold among other things? Then you could implement the hammer upgrading the very weak coil to a coil that does about as much dmg as punching but with as much HP as wolfgang with a log suite? Just expanding on the idea of defense and upgrades

Craftable barricades will come when proper pathing AI is introduced (so the AI will actually know how to react to an obstacle, instead of mindlessly running up against anything in its way it like it does now), but the devs don't want to encourage turtling through game mechanics, so I imagine that every hostile creature will be able to circumvent barricades one way or another. In all likelihood, they'll buy you some time to prepare for a coming attack, but they won't keep you safe for very long.

@ rainbow knight were just talking about things we think we would like. If devs like it they put it in no need to rain on our parade, and for future notice please refrain from calling me Kid I find the term offensive if only because I'm 17 and think I know everything. I realize turrets would be over powered and I simply suggest it because early in game if hounds attack what are you going todo at night? I've had it before and its, may I say almost impossible to survive, and adding a weak defense that you can run circles on would be helpful it could have a timer on it say last 2 min. This way it doesnt add to turtling and if you get cought off guard you can plop one down and have something that may even the playing feild of only for a little while. You could also only be allowed 1 built at a time to prevent building 20 around a spider nest and then atttacking. I think you dismissed this far to fast to see any opportunity in it being useful.

- - - Updated - - -

@ rainbow knight were just talking about things we think we would like. If devs like it they put it in no need to rain on our parade, and for future notice please refrain from calling me Kid I find the term offensive if only because I'm 17 and think I know everything. I realize turrets would be over powered and I simply suggest it because early in game if hounds attack what are you going todo at night? I've had it before and its, may I say almost impossible to survive, and adding a weak defense that you can run circles on would be helpful it could have a timer on it say last 2 min. This way it doesnt add to turtling and if you get cought off guard you can plop one down and have something that may even the playing feild of only for a little while. You could also only be allowed 1 built at a time to prevent building 20 around a spider nest and then atttacking. I think you dismissed this far to fast to see any opportunity in it being useful.