New modder needs some help!

Hey guys, im new at this modding thing, ive been coding for a while in another languages but not in lua and i still dont get it entirely. Im developing my first mod, i want to extend the recipespopup.lua, making another popup that gives you a bit more information, as how many of those can you craft or if you cant craft it yet. My problem is, i dont know how to keep the focus in this second window. It works this way: Theres a Craftslot whos the parent of a Recipepopup. Im adding a child to this Recipepopup (self.myPopUp = self:AddChild(MyPopUp()), self being RecipePopup). The normal behavior is, when someone hover a Craftslot this RecipePopup shows and can still be hovered, my mod is already showing MyPopUp when the Craftslot is hovered, but when i try to hover over myPopUp it closes both, cause its losing its hover focus. So, my question is, any ideas on how to keep the hover working still in RecipePopup.MyPopUp?

Thanks in advance.

If you place that additional window too far to the right, I think the crafting tab it automatically closes. I notice that with maximal HUD size at least.

Thanks for your comment. I noticed that myself too, but i even tried to place the ChildWindow on top of the other one, but still happens, when it get the focus, it closes both of them.

Archived