Playing DST as a limited Steam account

is it possible? I was going to buy the Don't Starve bundle and send the extra copy of DST to a friend. Problem is, my friend doesn't have a Steam account and doesn't plan on buying any games with it once he makes one. Steam restricts a bunch of user account features unless the user has spent at least $5 in their store. Would we still be able to play together?

Don't worry, I use one of those accounts, I came to steam only for Don't starve together, I have a few games but all of it was free, even Don't starve, I didn't bought anything yet and I can play together, if you want voice chat or publish mods maybe you will need a full account

Steam restricts a bunch of user account features unless the user has spent at least $5 in their store. Would we still be able to play together?

You can still play together. :)

Your friend will just be limited in how many people he can add to his friend list (or I think he can't initiate an Add Friend request, you'll have to add him first.)

Archived