Character mod request - Please help!

Is it possible to replace Wickerbottom's character model (sprites?) with someone else's?  I really like her pros/cons, but I'm not fond of her look.

If anyone could mod her appearance to be that of Wendy, it would be very much appreciated!

If this is something that you think I could figure out on my own, I'll give it a try - but I have no experience with coding.

OK that is actualy easy.
like the easiest mod you could make.

get a modinfo.lua.
fill it out.

Make a modmain.lua

PrefabFiles = {	"yourcharactersname",}Assets = {-- you shouldn't need to include any assets because they are all vanila}local require = GLOBAL.requirelocal STRINGS = GLOBAL.STRINGSSTRINGS.CHARACTER_TITLES.yourcharactersname = "give it a title"STRINGS.CHARACTER_NAMES.yourcharactersname = "Your character's name"STRINGS.CHARACTER_DESCRIPTIONS.yourcharactersname = "*perk \n  *perk\n    *ect..."STRINGS.CHARACTER_QUOTES.yourcharactersname = "\"say something here.\""STRINGS.CHARACTERS.YOURCHARACTERSNAME = require "speech_wickerbottom" --or Wendy change accordinglySTRINGS.NAMES.YOURCHARACTERSNAME = "Your character's name"STRINGS.CHARACTERS.GENERIC.DESCRIBE.YOURCHARACTERSNAME = {	GENERIC = "It's Your character's name!",	ATTACKER = "That Your character's namelooks shifty...",	MURDERER = "Murderer!",	REVIVER = "Your character's name, friend of ghosts.",	GHOST = "Your character's name could use a heart.",}AddMinimapAtlas("images/map_icons/wendy.xml")AddModCharacter("yourcharactersname", "FEMALE")

Find and replace

yourcharactersname --all lowercaseYOURCHARACTERSNAME --all upperYour character's name --normal

go to data\scripts\prfabs

find wickerbottom.lua

copy it

change only this part

local assets ={    Asset("ANIM", "anim/wendy.zip"),    Asset("SOUND", "sound/wendy.fsb"),    Asset("ANIM", "anim/ghost_wendy_build.zip"),    Asset("ANIM", "anim/player_knockedout_wickerbottom.zip"),}

now

Asset("ANIM", "anim/player_knockedout_wickerbottom.zip"),

Wendy doesnt have one of these. but its only an animation file and NOT her character so you shouldn't worry.

yea. so after thinking about it. that probly wont work.

save slot
portaits
map icons

all that stuff wont work

so yeah...
go get this
http://forums.kleientertainment.com/files/file/950-extended-sample-character/

delete the export folder AND the anim folder. you dont need them.

copy
data\scripts\prfabs\wickerbottom.lua
replace the lua in the prefab folder. [rename it]
change this part

Asset("ANIM", "anim/wendy.zip"),    Asset("SOUND", "sound/wendy.fsb"),     Asset("ANIM", "anim/ghost_wendy_build.zip"),    Asset("ANIM", "anim/player_knockedout_wickerbottom.zip"),

and rename all the "Extended Sample Character" names

Profit.

You could always just add these lines to Wendy's character in the game files: (In the prefabs)

inst.components.builder.science_bonus = 1

inst:AddTag("bookbuilder")

inst:AddComponent("reader")

inst:AddTag("insomniac")

Don't want to mess with the game files? That's understandable, so simply use the extended character template, copy and paste Wendy's sprites, and then add the above lines to your prefabs lua

Well, I kinda changed my mind about the project.  I'm going to try and make a character with new traits (using the extended character sample), but I still want to use Wendy's art assets.

However, when I include the following in the lua:

local assets =
{
    Asset("ANIM", "anim/wendy.zip"),
    Asset("SOUND", "sound/wendy.fsb"),
    Asset("ANIM", "anim/ghost_wendy_build.zip"),
}

.. my character is invisible.

Any tips?

Also, I would like to give my character an AOE attack similar to Abigail's.

Preferably with the following traits:
-Deals a set amount of damage per swing of a melee weapon (doesn't affect ranged
weapons)
-Doesn't hit allies
-Hits all non-ally mobs within range (similar range to Abigail) except the original target. I don't want the damage from the primary hit to stack with the AOE.

I've found most of the code I think I need for this project by examining other people's works, but so far no luck with this.

Thanks!