Assistance with Errors?

Hello everyone,

I have recently started attempting to mod Don't Starve, and am running into error after error (as to be expected?). These errors may seem trivial to some of you, however they are giant roadblocks for me.  After spending hours trying to figure out why the auto-compiler hated my mod (I didn't know about the log at this time), I finally got my mod to not crash the game when activated.  Now, however, I am running into issues of scaling and missing pieces.  

Attached is a zip file containing the error filled mod (based off of the wand sample mod), a picture of the problem (also below), and my auto-compiler log (which I do not believe contains any errors). I have tried to re-scale the image, however the dimensions of my images are based directly off of the wand sample mod, so I sort of expected to see similar scaling. 

The majority of my time spent into debugging this was trying to google answers and only being let down.  I have contacted someone on steam, only to also be slightly disappointed.  Therefore, your direct assistance is much appreciated! 

ALSO, while I am at it, do any of you know good links to tutorials that assist in building or object creation?  I've searched relentlessly and haven't found any. I'd imagine it is similar to item creation, only your character does not equip it, and therefore the scripting is different.  

Staff:  This is my first post.  I do hope I am posting in the right area.  Please feel free to move this post otherwise.

ErrorMod.zip

op9NVND.jpg

I've resorted to this forum page before and found no assistance in my issue.

what about the equippable hand slot item in there? u can just use that as a base and apply your changes step by step and check after each step, if it's still working ingame.

what about the equippable hand slot item in there? u can just use that as a base and apply your changes step by step and check after each step, if it's still working ingame.

That's what's confusing to me, because that's exactly what i did. The only changes ive made were to the images and spriter files (which tells me that could be the issue). One of the main issues is the scaling of the items, and i don't think anything here answers that yet.

As for the log files, i didnt know about them. I knew about the auto compiler files but not the don't starve files. I will upload those files as soon as i get home. I think there was some confusion in my original post however, as the mod is no longer crashing in any way, but unstead the item does not show in the hand and the images are too big obviously.

@Neurological Have you seen these?

• Log file info (useful in figuring out errors)
  • The placer component ("..\scripts\components\placer.lua")
  • DS API doc (lots of lua/DS modding stuff documented)

Please provide your log file after the crash if you are still unable to determine the problem.

Thank you for these references, I could not find a direct solution but once I get past this roadblock I'm sure these will come in handy.  As for the log that I said I would submit when I got home, it is below in the ErrorMod zip (with the auto-compiler log, a screenshot of the problem, and the mod itself).  Thank you for your time.

ErrorMod.zip

Archived