Need help finding a readable crash report

Hey there, it's vdragoonne here

Now I've been wanting to help make a mod for me and my friends so that we each get a character so we can play them in Don't starve together. I've followed through the character creation tutorial, I have edited all the file names from "esctutorial" to there various character names. I haven't added any special items or changed how the characters look yet I only edited there stats, walking speeds, and basic simple things. All I want to do before that is get the mod to run. I am able to toggle the mod "on" but when I try to begin hosting my game crashes and immediately closes the game. I'm not asking for help with fixing what wrong "YET", but I am trying to find a readable crash report. I found crash reports in the bin folder but from what I can see they tell me nothing of what was wrong in the code. If anyone knows where I can find a crash report that tells me WHY it's not working, That help would be much appreciated. PS: Sorry for the long story, but I wanted to be descriptive as to not have to answer too many questions though I'll fill you in on any information I've missed.

Thank you for all your help and have a wonderful day.

Nevermind I found the log in the Klei folder separate from the steam folder no help is any longer needed on that front

I found the problem and it was, I think atleast, the following log statement

scripts/modindex.lua(395,1) Could not load mod_config_data/modconfiguration_Rose Mod

While I try to fix this if any of you have the answer to what is wrong there that would be much obliged.

That line simply means that there's no configuration/option file, because the user hasn't changed any values in the configuration screen (which your mod may not even use).

The crash is usually indent (tab on the left side). The lines just above that give away what the source of the issue is, the lines below are a so-called "stack traceback" that show why that line of code fired.

Archived