Sanity event for custom charecter: and some advice

Hi forum!. So I am building a custom character who has a custom creature spawn when his sanity is below a certain % . So my question is where do I put the scripting for the event? do I include it in the character prefab? or do I put it in the creatures script? AND if I put it in the creatures script, do I need to create my own component or behavior for the aforementioned events? 

The next challenge I have, is I would like for the event to trigger in the swamp tiled areas. Would anyone know how to exactly write a script like that? or is it feasable?

AND finally. If I can find the answers to those two, and I can get his swamp spawn to work. How difficult is it going to be to transfer all this stuff when I port the character over to DST? 

custom creature spawn when his sanity is below a certain %

i would add an eventlistener on the character, that listens for the sanitydelta of your character and stores the last value in a variable and trigger the creature when the last value is above the threshold and the current sanity is below. (and the other way around to despawn it, in case u want it to despawn again above the threshold)

the event to trigger in the swamp tiled areas.

even if the sanity is above the threshold? then i would add an eventlistener on the character, that listen for locomote and checks what tile u are on. (using the GetTileAtPoint function)

and it shouldnt be hard to port this to DST(possibly, if u code it right, u will have to change nothing).

i would add an eventlistener on the character, that listens for the sanitydelta of your character and stores the last value in a variable and trigger the creature when the last value is above the threshold and the current sanity is below. (and the other way around to despawn it, in case u want it to despawn again above the threshold)

even if the sanity is above the threshold? then i would add an eventlistener on the character, that listen for locomote and checks what tile u are on. (using the GetTileAtPoint function)

and it shouldnt be hard to port this to DST(possibly, if u code it right, u will have to change nothing).

Thank you so much for the reply! All I have right now is the artwork completed, and I am working on the animations in Spriter, I have to rework some body parts. The creature has tentacles, and making them just one arm piece provided to be too stiff looking. So I researched how to segment the arms to appear to be flexible, It might be a while before the coding portion goes, But I needed an answer so I could start planning. Also, I needed to know if it was possible if at any moment I get burned out on the tedious task of animating frames to continue a forward progression with the mod. 

It's funny how working on a mod, you always think "just one more thing" and then a month later "well I could do this! this will make it unique and cool!" which is where I am at now. 

Archived