Executive Terminals: Pattern analysis inconclusive.

Twice now, Incognita has failed to reveal new sites after completing an Executive Terminals mission, saying this instead:

Pattern analysis inconclusive. Please supply additional information.

What causes this? Is it random, or is it caused by some condition that will make a second attempt fail as well?

• Developer

That line and the Executive Terminal are not connected. That's Central and Incognita telling you the state of the campaign after the 2nd mission on day 1.

If you finished an Executive Terminal and did bring the map item out with you but no new sites were added, it's possible your map is full of sites and no new ones can be added (which seems unlikely on day 1). Otherwise it sounds like you found some strange bug. 

Sending us your save file will help us track the bug down. :)

Interesting: Later in the same game, just after a Financial Suite mission, four new locations appeared when I opened the map again. There was a sound and animation for each of the new sites, so it wasn't something I could have easily missed earlier.

It's as if Incognita didn't fail to locate them after all, but simply took a long time to do so. Is that normal? Isn't an Executive Terminal mission supposed to reveal the new locations immediately after success?

I really wish the game mechanics were documented. Surprising behaviors like this make in-game planning difficult, and are indistinguishable from bugs.

savegame.lua

Man you're overthinking literally everything. "Pattern analysis inconclusive. Please supply additional information": will always be said after the 2nd mission no matter what you did. They are talking about trying to track down Omni HQ, it has nothing to do with the mission you just completed.

Every new day, 3 new missions are revealed to you, again regardless of what mission you just completed. This will always happen and it's to prevent you from running out of missions if you weren't given any more executive terminal missions. If you completed an executive terminal mission AND it's a new day, it will reveal something like 6+ missions in one go.

The only thing that could remotely be a bug is when you state that you weren't given additional missions after the 2nd executive terminal mission. I think you may have just not realised it because you thought the campaign dialogue was related to the executive terminal mission you just did. None of the mission types give any special campaign dialogue.

Man you're overthinking literally everything.

Considering possibilities is pretty much required for this game, since as far as I can tell, there is no documentation for the game mechanics

Also, there's no need to be a jerk.

Archived