I made it - time attack with <2 hrs!

Game clear means spoiler, so I warned you if you haven't finished campaign once.

post-446683-0-13458100-1434948733_thumb.

Before the last mission. I had 3 sized squad, Prism/Dr.XU as starting member and Banks as new recruit...

In fact, I didn't have a choice - I met exactly one detention center before the last mission.

post-446683-0-49782300-1434948998_thumb.

Got Monst3r's code, and full squad is waiting for Central to come.

Of course, all OMNI guards were curious about KO'd enforcer around the starting area, so they don't caught Central.

Well, apart from the gameplay, that was the last achievement for me.

So I hope some more achievements will come with July's update!

Are you thinking of doing a speed run? I think it would be interesting to see how low we could whittle the time down to. Anybody else interested in speed running this game? I'd like to theory craft a bit to see which bugs could be exploited & which members to use. 

If we're measuring real time, I'd imagine the fastest way to do it would be to fly 12 hours to a mission & then find the exit as quickly as possible. That would make it a bit more challenging lol. 

Do you have a recording? I would love to see how you played :-)

Are you thinking of doing a speed run? I think it would be interesting to see how low we could whittle the time down to. Anybody else interested in speed running this game? I'd like to theory craft a bit to see which bugs could be exploited & which members to use. 

If we're measuring real time, I'd imagine the fastest way to do it would be to fly 12 hours to a mission & then find the exit as quickly as possible. That would make it a bit more challenging lol. 

Do you have a recording? I would love to see how you played :-)

I don't have any recording, but yes, that's the way how I did it.

I started this run for achievement, so I just did it with no deep thought - just always sprinted, always selected 12 hrs distance, etc.

did the achievement for time attack have a total time condition attached to it? I thought you just needed to successfully finish a campaign on the regular time attack setting. well I got the achievement anyway and I always cram as many mission into the 72 hours as I can.

I don't think competing for shortest time isn't a good idea. there to much luck involved with the map generation and mission selection. everyone would have to start with the same seed for the RNG which a) you can't do and b) would allow people to play a try first and use the information to speed up the second run.

did the achievement for time attack have a total time condition attached to it? I thought you just needed to successfully finish a campaign on the regular time attack setting. well I got the achievement anyway and I always cram as many mission into the 72 hours as I can.

I don't think competing for shortest time isn't a good idea. there to much luck involved with the map generation and mission selection. everyone would have to start with the same seed for the RNG which a) you can't do and b) would allow people to play a try first and use the information to speed up the second run.

Yes, you're right. There's no condition for total time, and it heavily depends on RNG.

I just wrote this to tell that it's just possible with valid tactic and luck, with no competitive intention.

Well you're right that eventually the randomness factor would have the greatest impact in having the shortest completion time. This does shorten the "lifespan" of a speed game.

If you haven't been introduced to the speed running community, the following will probably make no sense but...

Let us look at what speed running's impact on game development. First of all, introducing this game into the speed running community exposes it to a brand new audience. Not a huge audience, but still. Second, speed runners typically look for bugs/glitches to exploit in a matter to save time, along the way, they find other bugs/glitches that negatively impact gameplay. Third (if game developers are watching), it can give developers new ideas in terms of balance & gameplay in order to make improvements (even if they are minor). Fourth, it's fun to play games in different ways & watch!

Speed running is a great way for developers to "crowdsource" a bug hunt and make it fun at the same time. It would be great if developers invited gamers to break the **** out of their game. Although, I can see the personal anguish of a programmer who wrote the line of code that gets abused in a speed run lol :-D

Let us look at what speed running's impact on game development. First of all, introducing this game into the speed running community exposes it to a brand new audience. Not a huge audience, but still. Second, speed runners typically look for bugs/glitches to exploit in a matter to save time, along the way, they find other bugs/glitches that negatively impact gameplay. Third (if game developers are watching), it can give developers new ideas in terms of balance & gameplay in order to make improvements (even if they are minor). Fourth, it's fun to play games in different ways & watch!

Speed running is a great way for developers to "crowdsource" a bug hunt and make it fun at the same time. It would be great if developers invited gamers to break the **** out of their game. Although, I can see the personal anguish of a programmer who wrote the line of code that gets abused in a speed run lol :grin:

While I appreciate the sentiment I don't think it applies fully to invisible inc in the same way that it did to your other games.

Since the mission objective is already optional aside from the 1st and last mission there really isn't much to exploit that reduces the time you spend in each mission. While the game isnt void of bugs/exploit, most would be detrimental to your overall time.

One that could be helpful is infinite AP on archive Nika so she could 1 shot the map in 1 turn, but this requires finding 3 stim 3's, 2 neural (1/2), torque injectors, predictive brawling and then optionally other items to make use of such as cloaking/EMP/buster chip. The problem with this is it's completely RNG whether you find all this within the length of the campaign and even if you do it's a lot of set up time to ramp up to your desired AP, so you might not even save on time.

While I appreciate the sentiment I don't think it applies fully to invisible inc in the same way that it did to your other games.

Right, this was implied when I said a game like this would probably have a short "lifespan" in the speed running community. After a while, time saves would depend solely on map structures & other such luck. Strategy games aren't too popular within the community either as they usually take a long time to complete, this one doesn't though.

Any game can be speed ran though. There's a guy who speed runs dragon warrior 7, takes 17 hours to complete!

Archived