Disable movement prediction permanently

i wonder if there's a way to permanently disable movement prediction. I never play with it on, and it's getting annoying to type ThePlayer:EnableMovementPrediction() in console whenever i join/rejoin servers.

Right now, I am using this little teeny tiny mod:

http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=02621085957850782614

What you have to do is to download the mod and extract it in your DST/mods subfolder.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\mods

This is my address, it may be a bit different for you if you operate on a 32-bit Windows, in which case it should be located in c:\Pogram Files. You only have to enable the mod, as it is client-sided, it will work on every server from now on and won't go corrupt when updates occur.

Have fun!

Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Don't Starve Together Beta\data\scripts\prefabs\player_common

open it and on the 3rd line is this: local USE_MOVEMENT_PREDICTION = true

change true to false and there you go.  never have to type it again.  Until an update of course and it get reset.  Not every update resets it but some do but the hassle of changing it after each update is better than typing it at the onset of EVERY server you join.

Archived