Failure in setting up dedicated server

Good evening!

I have followed the steps stated on the Wiki, and have generated my server token (incidentally, a few extra it would seem)... and yet I continue to get the error that the server won't start and that I need to log in to the client and generate a token.  

I am using a different directory, and reading through the information it does look like it has switched the directory correctly.

Am I missing something?

You need to go to Documents/Klei/DoNotStarveTogether/ (this is where the token is generated) and copy the servertoken.txt and paste it to your klei/*custom directory* where the settings.ini is

Hi @Acturon,

can you check if your token is good with my old topic:

http://forums.kleientertainment.com/topic/51872-server-tokentxt-anyone-can-help/?p=620551

start your server and if you have still error please show your log.txt

I actually referenced your post there, as well as many others, in trying to figure this out.

As for the log.txt, there is no such file.  There was one, from the copy/paste of the folder then the rename I did, but I deleted it to verify what it may have been creating/writing, and a file is not being generated.

@Acturon,

can you try with this command line?

d:
cd\games\dstsh\bin
dontstarve_dedicated_server_nullrenderer  -conf_dir configs\server1

of course before start your server, you need put your settings.ini and your server_token.txt here:

C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveServerDirectory\configs\server1\settings.ini

C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveServerDirectory\configs\server1\server_token.txt

start your server with your .bat and tell me if you see log.txt here:

C:\Users\Jason\Documents\Klei\DoNotStarveServerDirectory\configs\server1\log.txt

this is just for test :-)

Just ran a test, it was the "\" in the "conf_dir configs\server1" .... now, need to get it to show on the list of servers! lol

Also, interestingly... I am still not getting a log.txt file?

@Acturon,

can you try with this command line?

of course before start your server, you need put your settings.ini and your server_token.txt here:

start your server with your .bat and tell me if you see log.txt here:

this is just for test :-)

When the server is launching, there is text and I was able to see the server with the server list option Lan > Yes (or whatever it might be)... using a port testing site, though, it is not seeing 10999, so I am unsure if the server is really listing or not.

Archived