Any fix for the ? ping?

So even though I portforwarded the 10999 UDP port I still seem to get ??? ping to other players.

Do I have to do something with my firewall or something?

It's annoying how nobody ever joins my server. I'm really lonely guys.

Unless your creating a dedicated server then there no need to portforward as you can just host a server directly ingame.

With ping it really depends on your connection towards the server as having a low internet connection will increase the ping number leading to lag.

For ping issues. The only real way to fix them is to connect to a server closer to your area or in your country or to get a faster internet connection.

For the portforwarding. Just use the server hosting ingame which will be much quicker then a dedicated server

Unless your creating a dedicated server then there no need to portforward as you can just host a server directly ingame.

With ping it really depends on your connection towards the server as having a low internet connection will increase the ping number leading to lag.

For ping issues. The only real way to fix them is to connect to a server closer to your area or in your country or to get a faster internet connection.

For the portforwarding. Just use the server hosting ingame which will be much quicker then a dedicated server

I guess I wasn't too clear sorry.

When people look at my server in game all they see is a ??? Instead of an actual value. Because of this it gets lost in the sea of servers that also have this problem, which results in nobody ever joins me.

I'm just trying to figure out how to fix it.

I guess I wasn't too clear sorry.

When people look at my server in game all they see is a ??? Instead of an actual value. Because of this it gets lost in the sea of servers that also have this problem, which results in nobody ever joins me.

I'm just trying to figure out how to fix it.

Oh i thought the ??? meant just a random ping number instead of it really saying that :3.

Well normally that would mean that the ping is rapidly changing and the server can't keep track of it so it just puts "???" as a replacement.

I would believe this is caused by a slow internet connection like i said. If you wanting to play with friends then they can easily join by choosing the join game opinion by right clicking on your profile picture in steam while your on your server.

From what i can tell it seems your trying to make a public server for everyone so why not just use the ingame hosting instead of a dedicated server?

Well normally that would mean that the ping is rapidly changing and the server can't keep track of it so it just puts "???" as a replacement.

That's not what that means. You get the ??? when the server punch-through (middle-man) is being used to connect.

Archived